Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO NextGen?

tag
Orecic
Established Member

FICO NextGen?

Anyone know where you can purchase a report using the NextGen model?

03/17/2016 *** EQ 701 * TU 706 * EX 727 ***

04/21/2016 *** EQ 728 * TU 736 * EX 747 ***
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO NextGen?

You can't buy it anywhere. PenFed provides it to members, but that's about it.

Message 2 of 8
Orecic
Established Member

Excuse my ignorance; I am a member with a checking account an don't see it anywhere. Do you need another account like a CC to see it?

03/17/2016 *** EQ 701 * TU 706 * EX 727 ***

04/21/2016 *** EQ 728 * TU 736 * EX 747 ***
Message 3 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Orecic wrote:

Excuse my ignorance; I am a member with a checking account an don't see it anywhere. Do you need another account like a CC to see it?

Yes, or some other loan product (PLOC gave it to me).

Honestly though, ignore it.  I've know all of 2 lenders in all of the ones reported on this forum which use NextGen still, it wasn't a popular model to begin with, and it was nearly universally supplanted by the 04 model or later for those that ever tried it apparently.

It's not worth worrying about, unless you're planning to wrap your arms around Penfed which I'd suggest is a dubious proposition for anyone on this forum.

        
Message 4 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

I thought access America gave the next gen FICO? Do you have a different checking with them? I have both cc's and checking so I can't say for sure I would only have the nextgen with my AA checking but I think it's right
Message 5 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:
I thought access America gave the next gen FICO? Do you have a different checking with them? I have both cc's and checking so I can't say for sure I would only have the nextgen with my AA checking but I think it's right

AFAIK Penfed does not do AR's on any of their checking or savings accounts.  If you don't have an extension of credit, why would they care Smiley Happy

Ergo under FICO Open Access, no score for you for just checking.

        
Message 6 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

I thought maybe with Access America it could be possible because they offer that line of credit for qualified applicants (overdraft protection service) ie thrify credit. 

Message 7 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:

I thought maybe with Access America it could be possible because they offer that line of credit for qualified applicants (overdraft protection service) ie thrify credit. 

Hard to say.  I started getting my score when I got a PLOC there (well I got the first one anyway) but they didn't seem to do an AR this past quarter when everyone else got it... no SP on my reports from them.  

If someone were to be using the product anyway and didn't have a CC or other products, would be a valid test, but I think you definitely get it from the CC.

        
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.