Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Notice-Your Credit Report was all clear this week ...umm no it wasn't

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Notice-Your Credit Report was all clear this week ...umm no it wasn't

For two weeks in a row now I have gotten a notice from myFICO that my Transunion score was all clear when infact it was not. I have some major changes to it infact. My credit karma was updated midweek the same day that Transunion notified me of 6 baddies being deleted including a public record. Also were corrections to missed payments. So is this accurate that with all those changes FICO would not raise my TU score? What remains on TU is 8 active revolving accounts no missed payments, car loan balance of 12,000 never missed payment, 1 collection PIF. 2hp in last 12 months. no mortgages. myFICO TU sitting at 619 for 2 weeks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO Notice-Your Credit Report was all clear this week ...umm no it wasn't

@Anonymous wrote:

For two weeks in a row now I have gotten a notice from myFICO that my Transunion score was all clear when infact it was not. I have some major changes to it infact. My credit karma was updated midweek the same day that Transunion notified me of 6 baddies being deleted including a public record. Also were corrections to missed payments. So is this accurate that with all those changes FICO would not raise my TU score? What remains on TU is 8 active revolving accounts no missed payments, car loan balance of 12,000 never missed payment, 1 collection PIF. 2hp in last 12 months. no mortgages. myFICO TU sitting at 619 for 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, that's about par for course.

Message 2 of 7
samtom79
Valued Member

what is par?

Message 3 of 7
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@samtom79 wrote:

what is par?

'par' is a term used in golf.  Par means standard, normal, average, the usual.

The OP's thread is the usual, standard, normal practice of the myfico scoring alerts/systems, etc...

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When the same baddies were removed from equifax I was notified same day on myFICO alert "a judgement listed on your credit report has been updated" and I instantly picked up 21 points. I guess i'll just buy my report again from myFICO and see if they have removed....what is your guess? will myFICO report reflect my current TU credit report?

Message 5 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When the same baddies were removed from equifax I was notified same day on myFICO alert "a judgement listed on your credit report has been updated" and I instantly picked up 21 points. I guess i'll just buy my report again from myFICO and see if they have removed....what is your guess? will myFICO report reflect my current TU credit report?

Each credit bureau, TU EQ EX, has a different set of triggers to lead to a score change. If these items are just dropping off, they may not be reaching that trigger for TU. And, if no other balance changes happened during the two weeks for your existing cards, there would not be a regular trigger to recalculate. There has to be some event that reaches the trigger threshhold to go back through since the last score change to see if the file needs to be recalculated, and then it will recalc.

Keep an eye out for when your next balance update happens, and then report back the score change. During that recalculation, it will miss the items that dropped off.

I would not buy a new report right away. Give it some time to work through the databases.

If TU was not showing any "All Bankcards" balance changes, then you probably were not getting any card balance changes on EX or EQ, correct? They may have had some other notices besides balance changes, and TU seems to only work with balance changes.

yeah, I just checked, During the last several months, the only notices I get from TU are for INQ (very rare) or balance changes. That's about it. Not even "new accounts", they just roll in as part of the balance change on all cards combined.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right on the money! I did infact get an alert today from TU it said "Your FICO Score has increased from 619 to 635 Smiley Happy  There aren't any other details but I am certain that must be from my baddies getting removed. Maybe the lesson here for myself is to just be little more patient even though I am adicted to monitoring my scores at least a few times every hour.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.