Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Question

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

FICO Question

1. If I purchase a jetski would an new installment loan be beneficial over using 65% util on one credit card? What will each do to my FICO, what has the last effect?

2. What is the normal util that is not negatively scored on CCs, for instance my highest card has 28% util?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO Question

@MrCredit wrote:

1. If I purchase a jetski would an new installment loan be beneficial over using 65% util on one credit card? What will each do to my FICO, what has the last effect?

2. What is the normal util that is not negatively scored on CCs, for instance my highest card has 28% util?

1) depends on how soon you PIF. If you are talking years to PIF, then I personally would consider a loan if I didn't pay in cash first. If months, I personally would use a CC because the new TL will just drag my scores down over a greater period of time vs. the short-term util hit. If long-term, the rate would be an issue for me too.

2) Anything 10% and up likely produces a ding and it climbs up from there. What would your OVERALL util be if you added this purchase and where would that util have started from? That's a better measurement of the damage.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.