Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO SCORE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO SCORE

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me if the FICO score and the CREDIT score are the exact same thing or is there some differences in the two?

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO SCORE

whoamyfico wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me if the FICO score and the CREDIT score are the exact same thing or is there some differences in the two?

Thanks

Hi, whoamyfico, and welcome to the FICO Forums!

FICO score is actually used by most lenders in the real world, so it is the only kind of score that should matter to you.  Around here, we call other other types of credit scores, FAKOs.

Please read (at least) the first post in the Credit Scoring 101 Thread linked to in my siggy, as it has more detailed answers to the question you asked.

Edit to add:  Is your name Whoa-My-FICO or Who-Amy-FICO? Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by cheddar on 03-30-2008 08:18 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my name is whoa my fico....Thanks...I'll take a look at the link you provided.
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

"Credit score" is the generic term, like "facial tissue."

FICO is the specific brand name, like Kleenex.

And as cheddar said, FICO's are the ones that get used. The rest are what we call FAKO's, wonderfully misleading and confusing.

Whoa-my-fico... I like that! Smiley Very Happy Hope that was a good "whoa."
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.