Valued Contributor
GregB

Re: FICO Score Breakdown (i.e., "Credit Mix")

[ Edited ]

At the risk of repeating myself......

Scorewatch is not a really good MONITORING software although it is the ONLY monitoring product available that provides a really useful score.

The OP would not have been wrong to keep the monitoring procuct and simply purchase one EQ FICO report so that he has a real score. I hope it is obvious to most people that he is way wrong thinking he is getting a score that is accurate "+-2 points". IIlecs experience matches mine when he says his is usually about "+/- 50". Mine is currently off 58 and was recently off 75.

There are lots of different options and there is no option that is right for everyone. If I was only going to monitor one CRA, I would choose EX since it updates far sooner than the others. Adding Scorewatch gives me a useful score along with good monitoring. You can add monitoring on TU for free by signing up for CK. Just be sure to ignore all scores that aren't a FICO and all non-FICO advice.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}