Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score NG 2?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score NG 2?

I logged into my PenFed account and they provided me my credit score.  I've never heard of a FICO NG2 but it was rediculously high at 836.  Mind you, the FICO scores provided to me by Citi and Discover have me between 760 and 780.....  Just how different is the FICO NG2 and what is it used for?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO Score NG 2?

As I just researched it seems as though it is a new scoring model used by certain lenders.  They scores range from 150-950.  However, I am sure others will chime in with more information about this scoring model.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 8
Aahz
Established Contributor

FICO NextGen scores range from 150 to 950. More info can be found at http://www.fico.com/en/node/8140?file=5103

As far as I know, PenFed is the only "major-ish" lender who uses it.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aahz wrote:

FICO NextGen scores range from 150 to 950. More info can be found at http://www.fico.com/en/node/8140?file=5103

As far as I know, PenFed is the only "major-ish" lender who uses it.

This was extremely helpful.  Thank you!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

As I just researched it seems as though it is a new scoring model used by certain lenders.  They scores range from 150-950.  However, I am sure others will chime in with more information about this scoring model.

It's not a new model.  It's from 2001/2002 and PenFed is about the only creditor using it

And friendly reminder to OP and others.  These types of questions belong in General Credit, not credit cards.

Message 5 of 8
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I logged into my PenFed account and they provided me my credit score.  I've never heard of a FICO NG2 but it was rediculously high at 836.  Mind you, the FICO scores provided to me by Citi and Discover have me between 760 and 780.....  Just how different is the FICO NG2 and what is it used for?

NexGen is not widely used outside of some credit unions. As mentioned above, it has a much greater scale.

A graphical and tabular comparison of various Fico scoring models and VantageScore can be found in this post:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/fico-bankcard-score/m-p/4546714#M107796

Links to detailed score distribution tables  from Experian are included

A summary of score ranges by credit scoring model and credit bureau is presented in this post.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-versions-and-variations/m-p/4222362#M98991

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 6 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Is there any way to learn one's NG2 score other than PenFed's free, but long delayed, score?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 7 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Is there any way to learn one's NG2 score other than PenFed's free, but long delayed, score?

Not that I'm aware of but why?  Outside of Penfed hardly anyone uses it.  It was an experiment by FICO and it didn't work apparently; certainly nobody who's establishing a lender today or looking to change algorithms at a current lender is going to consider it, so I would suggest it's irrelevant other than those of who are arguably too curious about the algorithms... and that's seriously niche even on this forum Smiley Happy.

        
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.