Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score updates - Transunion and Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score updates - Transunion and Experian

My husband and I are trying to rebuild our credit to be able to get a house. The lender we are going to be going with requires a 640 score. I have the premium myFICO score membership where I get the 3B reports monthly. Last month, my scores were Equifax - 637   Trans - 638  Experian 637. I updated the report again today and Equifax went up to 666 while the others stayed the same. Do they report differently to where I should be expecting it to change again?? I have heard they take the middle score (not median) whichof course would do us no good because the middle score is 638. This is all very new to me so it is very confusing! Thanks for any help!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: FICO Score updates - Transunion and Experian

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband and I are trying to rebuild our credit to be able to get a house. The lender we are going to be going with requires a 640 score. I have the premium myFICO score membership where I get the 3B reports monthly. Last month, my scores were Equifax - 637   Trans - 638  Experian 637. I updated the report again today and Equifax went up to 666 while the others stayed the same. Do they report differently to where I should be expecting it to change again?? I have heard they take the middle score (not median) whichof course would do us no good because the middle score is 638. This is all very new to me so it is very confusing! Thanks for any help!!!

It's not that the bureaus report differently, it's that the data they get from lenders is not uniformly updated with the same timing. I.e. EQ might have some new updated data that the others do not yet have, or vice versa.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.