Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

FICO Score vs. Bankcard FICO Score(PFICO)

I was hoping....praying, that the PFICO scores from TU provided to me on my WaMu account, at least CLOSELY approximated the FICO scores I get from myFiCO.

But noooooooooo! Was I ever wrong!

I pulled all CR's (and scores) from myFiCO on 11/01/07. Yesterday I get an alert from WaMu that my scores changed +/- 20 points. I was beginning to get excited.

TU score 11/01/07(myFiCO): 648
TU score,11/01/07( WaMu) : 615

Same date. Just when I THOUGHT, I was getting a basic understanding of how scoring works, I find I'm almost back where I started(untrusting and little confidence in ALL the scoring models). *sigh*

Both scores from TU...both scores dated the same. I just don't get it. I can accept a 15 or gosh, even a 20 point difference, as I can see that FICO and PFICO are as similar to each other as FICO and FAKO scores. 33 point difference. *shakes her head*

Back to square one. Sorry, I had to vent. And NO, I DON'T feel better. :smileytongue:
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: FICO Score vs. Bankcard FICO Score(PFICO)

The WAMU PFICO is a month behind IMO

Sylviatob wrote:
I was hoping....praying, that the PFICO scores from TU provided to me on my WaMu account, at least CLOSELY approximated the FICO scores I get from myFiCO.

But noooooooooo! Was I ever wrong!

I pulled all CR's (and scores) from myFiCO on 11/01/07. Yesterday I get an alert from WaMu that my scores changed +/- 20 points. I was beginning to get excited.

TU score 11/01/07(myFiCO): 648
TU score,11/01/07( WaMu) : 615

Same date. Just when I THOUGHT, I was getting a basic understanding of how scoring works, I find I'm almost back where I started(untrusting and little confidence in ALL the scoring models). *sigh*

Both scores from TU...both scores dated the same. I just don't get it. I can accept a 15 or gosh, even a 20 point difference, as I can see that FICO and PFICO are as similar to each other as FICO and FAKO scores. 33 point difference. *shakes her head*

Back to square one. Sorry, I had to vent. And NO, I DON'T feel better. :smileytongue:

Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

You did recently apply for some credit right?

The PFICO dings this pretty bad- but quickly recovers.
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

[ Edited ]
Thanks Timothy,but it stated: Bankcard scores from TransUnion: 11/01/07.

And yes I did apply for 2 cards, last week. 3 in early October.

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 11-18-2007 09:25 AM
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

That date is generic-
They do the softs around the 23 - 25 of the month and report the previous months PFICO - I base this on my experience- and the numbers they are reporting.

Sylviatob wrote:
Thanks Timothy,but it stated: Bankcard scores from TransUnion: 11/01/07.

And yes I did apply for 2 cards, last week. 3 in early October.

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 11-18-2007 09:25 AM

Established Contributor
dizzier

yeh i'd buy that the PFICO is a month behind.

My PFICO is way off my actual TU FICO, but a month ago I still had the baddies on my report and a screw up on TU's part added a baddies that never existed before. my current PFICO is lower than my PFICO was the month before.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. :smileymad:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}