Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score with Equifax Dilemna

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score with Equifax Dilemna

Okay, I'm a small fish in this ocean of giant whales of credit knowledge....  My first question post...  I hope it is properly presented.

For almost three weeks, neither I nor potential lenders were able to pull my EQ reports.   Everything came up "No Data."  I called relentlessly to no avail.  However, three days ago I awoke to check my email and there is a MyFICO notification about changes to my EQ data/scores.  To my horror, I see that my EQ FICO 8 score has plummeted almost 70 points.

There is now a medical collection in my EQ data from 4 years ago that was deleted by dispute almost two years ago.  Additionally, a half dozen accounts are now reporting as NOT being reported for 2-3 months now.  When I finally got the chance to speak with a "supervisor", he advised the only option to get those accounts back on my report is via dispute.  I followed his advice and now I have all these accounts with dispute notations and the collection is still reported.  However, he did tell me it could take up to 30 days for it to be deleted once I gave him the confirmation number of the original dispute's deletion.

My question:  How accurate is that information and what might you suggest if this were your situation?

My data points:  MyFico EQ Before--741; After 674.  Util 8-10% Across all cards.  AAoA 3.5 years.  No other negatives/lates, etc.  TU and EX have remained constant.  747 and 738 respectively.  Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: FICO Score with Equifax Dilemna

This sounds like you have a "split file", I do not know much about split files, but that should help you search the board for potential resolutions.

note: I could be wrong.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to needlessly worry you, but could the not-so-recent data breach perhaps have a role in this?

Again, not to worry you as I've not seen or heard of widespread issues similar to yours...but still.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies.  I've spent several hours reading the board in regards to the split file issue and it does sound like my situation.  However, it bothers me that each time I call Equifax, every single rep assures me that everything is fine on their end.  They don't see any issues, nor do they see a collection listed on my reports--as if I'm making the entire ordeal up.

And yes, I've thought about the breach along with a myriad of other possible reasons why this could be happening.  And it's all not good.  Equifax has lost all credibility with me.  A bit ironic, to say the least.....

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to give you an update as to what has happened in the last-almost-24-hours....  This morning when I checked, the derog medical collection was still reporting.  However, it is now 11 minutes after midnight and I got  a notification of "positive" changes to my EQ reports.  It is now gone.  Interestingly, now every single inquiry I had is GONE!  My Equifax reports 0 inquiries in the last 2 years.  Now please bear in mind, I've opened and closed at least 12-15 or so accounts last year alone.

EQ is really quite manic.   Oy!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.