cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Scores Drastically Different .. Why won't EX budge?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Scores Drastically Different .. Why won't EX budge?

So as of today my scores are:  EQ 583  EX 582  TU  569 .. two days ago they were:  EQ 561  EX 582*  TU 561.  Now, the only change on my reports (which was reported to ALL 3 exactly the same) was a paydown on a cfredit card from $167 --> $0.00 balance and a paid in full collection from Portfolio Recocvery (which I am working with several consumer agencies to get this removed completely).  These changes reported within 2 days of eachother across all three -- EQ went up 22 points, TU up 8 points and EX didnt budge!!  EX is actually overall my best report, with only very old (6 years) medical baddies remaining -- the other 2 files have some lates reporting about 10 months ago (30day), whereas EX doesnt reflect that.

What is the rhyme or reason to this?  Why has EX not budged?  Does it calculate differently or update scores slower?  Is there someone I should contact at FICO or elsewhere to do something?  I'm very disheartened as I expected a boost on all 3.  I do, however, have my other cards reporting in 5-10 days which will even further lower my overall UTIL about 11% (From 59% - 48% overall), so I'm hoping to see a nice boost there for getting under 50%.  I really despise this FICO Score stuff LOL!  I cant complain much, my scores have gone up over 100 points in just 5-6 months, but I'm aiming for 640-650 by New Year!  My goal is to get overall UTIL to 25% by November, so that should help too. Please weigh in, I am doing everything I can to maximize my scores, as I am buying a home in Feb-March 2016!  Thank you all!!  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Scores Drastically Different .. Why won't EX budge?

My EX hasn't moved either. I'm now just impatiently waiting for payments to be posted by EQ so I can app my mortgage. I only need 2 points. I've paid off 3 cards and paid down to 15% another 3. I've given up on my EX score.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, the scores are not "drastically" different. The spread is well within normal tolerances. While each bureau uses the Fico algorithm, each tweaks it to their own specifications. Thus the same file contents can produce score variations between the three.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odd ... just got another 15 point boost in my TU !!!!  Just now!  A slight balance change of $50 did this.  Totally lost, but not complaining.  I just want my EX to boom!!!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I could give you a great answer but all I can say is you are not alone. I know for me I just paid down all my credit cards from 94% uti down to 2%. Here is how my scores changed overall: EQ +55 points, TU +58 points, EX +53 points. So for an overal view thew are about even. But I look at my last balance change report which was a $394 balance drop on one card. TU +15, EX +26, EQ +6. So for some reason at the end of it all I had some very different increases with the same $394 but overall change was about the same.

Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

The triggers are different between the bureaus; the monitoring solution is actually 3 different ones packaged into a single bundle and as such they behave differently.

Case in point from my recent single card high utilization testing:

$0 -> $875/1000, all 3 bureaus reported it and the corresponding drop.

Subsequent $875->$0, only EQ / TU reported.

        
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have identical information listed on all three, yet the scores generated by them are never the same. Certainly, there are different variations of same fico model used by each cra.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.