Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Scores??????????????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Scores??????????????

I understand there is like 50+ different fico scores plus Fako's. Question is when you get your credit report along with fico score directly from one of the CRA's, what fico score is it you're getting?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Scores??????????????

I pulled my Experian recently and the score matches my Fico08 score from MyFico. I'm not sure about the others.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, anyone else?

Message 3 of 14
2b2rich
Established Contributor

As far as I know, Experian is the only CRA that gives you a FICO score on their website.  As mentioned above, it's a FICO8.

For me, what ever scores TU & EQ use, they're always lower than my MyFico (FICO8) score. 

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax also provides a Fico score but it is the Fico 04 model which is the one used by most mortgage companies.  

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was figuring it was one of those. The best scores I have are the FICO08 and they drop considerably when looking at all the rest.  thanks again

Message 7 of 14
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax also provides a Fico score but it is the Fico 04 model which is the one used by most mortgage companies.  

I never knew this.  When looking at the different models for my scores on MyFico, it always shows me the FICO5 as the most commonly used in mortgage on my EQ score, and the FICO4 under TU's score, (and FICO2 under EX).

Explains a lot. EQ on MyFico (FICO8) is 700, but on the EQ website it's 675

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who does use the Fico 08?? It's the hieghest number and  fastest to go up but it's kinda misleading if no creditors use it.

Message 9 of 14
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Who does use the Fico 08?? It's the hieghest number and  fastest to go up but it's kinda misleading if no creditors use it.

From what I've been reading, a lot of lenders are moving toward using that one.  I don't know how soon or how many are doing it, but I know the dealership told me what score some of the lenders were sending back with their offers were my actual FICO8s (and as you pointed out, the highest and were the ones with the lowest interest rate)

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.