Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Scoring Simulator Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Scoring Simulator Question

According to the FICO Score Simulator, if I bring my util down my score would go up 20 points and if I keep paying my cards on time every month for the next 6 months my score will go up 20 points as well... does this mean that if I keep util low and pay the cards on time for six months that my score will go up 40 points?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO Scoring Simulator Question

@Anonymous wrote:
According to the FICO Score Simulator, if I bring my util down my score would go up 20 points and if I keep paying my cards on time every month for the next 6 months my score will go up 20 points as well... does this mean that if I keep util low and pay the cards on time for six months that my score will go up 40 points?

Probably not Pappy, but it's hard to say.  Score increases from the simulator don't stack because the amount of change from one action is dependant on the other information on your file.  I would expect to see the biggest jump from paying down your util, especially if its high right now.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang, and I got my hopes up to join the 700 club this summer.
Message 3 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

good luck with your scores pappy!  i am glad to see you are working hard.  it gives me motivation to keep working on my scores, too, & not give up!

sometimes i wish that simulator was just a WEE bit more accurate, though!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.