Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Simulator

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO Simulator

@Anonymous wrote:
Utilization does have a major impact though. 35% I believe. Good thing is though that it's a snapshot each month. So if your utilization is high one month, your scores go down but pay it down, utilization goes down and your scores shoot back up. There's no 'memory' month to month for utilization.

30% actually.

Message 11 of 19
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

The simulator is on myFICO and you can access it when you purchase you scores/reports. So it does have access to your profile.
Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 12 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@BeeH11 wrote:
The simulator is on myFICO and you can access it when you purchase you scores/reports. So it does have access to your profile.

I respectfully beg to differ. If it's so accurate why are there so many complaints about it's INaccuracy?

Perhaps I should have phrased it better. Why count on something that seems to be so wrong so many times?

Message 13 of 19
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

BeeH11 wrote:
I respectfully beg to differ. If it's so accurate why are there so many complaints about it's INaccuracy?

Perhaps I should have phrased it better. Why count on something that seems to be so wrong so many times
--------------------
I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with? I was the one who asked if the credit simulators were accurate. I don't know if they are accurate. I was just saying (replying to another poster) that the simulator (in my post) is myFICO and when I access the simulator, they have my current score to start.
Did I misunderstand what you were disagreeing with?

I think the consensus is that the simulator, even here on myFICO is not accurate?

Thanks all!
Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 14 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@BeeH11 wrote:
@BeeH11 wrote:

Perhaps I should have phrased it better. Why count on something that seems to be so wrong so many times
--------------------
I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with? I was the one who asked if the credit simulators were accurate. I don't know if they are accurate. I was just saying (replying to another poster) that the simulator (in my post) is myFICO and when I access the simulator, they have my current score to start.

I think the consensus is that the simulator, even here on myFICO is not accurate?

Thanks all!

LOL. After all this I think we can agree that the simulator lacks clarity and exactness??  

Message 15 of 19
NRB525
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@BeeH11 wrote:
@BeeH11 wrote:

--------------------

Thanks all!

LOL. After all this I think we can agree that the simulator lacks clarity and exactness??  

Oh, THAT simulator. wow, my take away from that is it is so rudimentary about the possible changes you can plug into it, it is worthless.

We need another number below 1: The roulette wheel.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 16 of 19
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The simulator run by FairIsaac uses the actual FICO algorithm, so I dont believe accuracy is the real issue.

In my opinion, the real issue is that the simulator must, in order to preserve the trade secret nature of the algorithm, intentionally prevent the input of specfici changes and permit the user to view the specific score outputs.

It keeps the inputs broad so that they intentionally include scoring impacts over different categories over time.

That does not permit the user to , for example, input the deletion of a collection and see the resulting score increase.

What may perceive as inaccuracy is really intentional vagueness in what the simulator permits.

Message 17 of 19
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

The simulator run by FairIsaac uses the actual FICO algorithm, so I dont believe accuracy is the real issue.

In my opinion, the real issue is that the simulator must, in order to preserve the trade secret nature of the algorithm, intentionally prevent the input of specfici changes and permit the user to view the specific score outputs.

It keeps the inputs broad so that they intentionally include scoring impacts over different categories over time.

That does not permit the user to , for example, input the deletion of a collection and see the resulting score increase.

What may perceive as inaccuracy is really intentional vagueness in what the simulator permits.

What's your source for the simulator using the actual FICO algorithm? It seems hard to believe that any web tool would have access to that but anything's possible.

Either way in my experience it often gives wrong or inaccurate results but it is called a "simulator" and not a "calculator" so I guess that's to be expected.

Message 18 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

Robert with all due respect nothing you wrote changes the fact that if you can't get the right (aka accurate) information to help you make credit decisions then why bother to use it?

I don't want a "guess". I need accurate feedback.

But my opinion doesn't negate or cancel the views of others.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.