Established Member
najerme

FICO Simulator

Hello, I am in the process of repairing my credit and have gone thru my first month (August) of finally being able to pay all of my debt on time from months of being delinquent.  With that, I used the FICO simulator to see what would happen if I paid my bills on time for the next 1 month and it is telling me that my fico score should go up 30-50 points.  How accurate is this...can anyone tell me?
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Re: FICO Simulator

Generally it gives you a score range. The left side of this score range I found to be with in 10 points of what is shown. The right side is questionable. If it says 700-730 your score will be between 690-710. Thats the 10 point margin. It can be exactly accurate but takes some skill to learn how it works. But stay with 10 points in either direction with the left number and you should hit it every time. :smileyhappy: (We are talking about MyFICO or EQ calculators correct?)
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Established Member
najerme

Thanks ilovepizza.  Yes, we are talking about the myfico and EQ simulators.  I'll keep a look out at the end of sept or early oct to see where I land.  Thanks so much.
Established Member
TigersFan

I noticed a glitch in the MyFICO EQ Score simulator yesterday. No matter how many months ahead you asked for a 'paying all your bills on time' projected score, it produced a result saying it was for 24 months on the results page.
Ch. 7 BK filed Oct. 2005 (old law)

EQ=698, TU=715, EX=who cares?
New Visitor
Marchbaby

Your score will go up, however it will not go up 30 points maybe 10

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+