Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO, VantageScore and Equifax Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO, VantageScore and Equifax Score

Can anyone explain why Equifax Scoring (not FICO nor VantageScore) is off by 100 points on identical reports?

Experian (7 Accounts, 0 Lates/Collections, 11 Inquires) ~730

Equifax (7 Accounts, 0 Lates/Collections, 7 Inquires) ~630

TransUnion (VantageScore) within 30 of FICO, AND is currently not showing Discover which likely explains the difference; however, that score goes up to 990.

If anyone has thoughts on the methodology used by the Equifax Scoring System I am all ears.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO, VantageScore and Equifax Score

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone explain why Equifax Scoring (not FICO nor VantageScore) is off by 100 points on identical reports?

Experian (7 Accounts, 0 Lates/Collections, 11 Inquires) ~730

Equifax (7 Accounts, 0 Lates/Collections, 7 Inquires) ~630

TransUnion (VantageScore) within 30 of FICO, AND is currently not showing Discover which likely explains the difference; however, that score goes up to 990.

If anyone has thoughts on the methodology used by the Equifax Scoring System I am all ears.

No idea how they calculate their score but I wouldn't be too concerned about it.  These types of scores are meaningless.  This is from their site:

The credit scores provided under the offers described here use the Equifax Credit Score, which is a proprietary credit model developed by Equifax. The Equifax Credit Score is intended for your own educational use. It is also commercially available to third parties along with numerous other credit scores and models in the marketplace. Please keep in mind third parties are likely to use a different score when evaluating your creditworthiness. Also, third parties will take into consideration items other than your credit score or information found in your credit file, such as your income.

Focus on your Fico scores because that's what is used by creditors, not the Equifax scoring model

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.