Reply
Frequent Contributor
Cotton_Britches
Posts: 259
Registered: ‎06-11-2008
0

FICO and Disputes

[ Edited ]

When you dispute an account on a credit report, does FICO include that account in the calculation of your score when a new creditor pulls your credit?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see. Because this broken road prepares your will for me." - Jeremy Camp
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,537
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: FICO and Disputes


Cotton_Britches wrote:

When you dispute an account on a credit report, does FICO include that account in the calculation of your score when a new creditor pulls your credit?


Portions of an OC account under dispute will not be scored by FICO. Among these are the balance, the CL, and the payment history. Other items like AAoA, scoring bucket, credit mix, account age, etc. including CAs and PRs are not removed or impacted by a dispute.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Regular Contributor
Tischer712
Posts: 235
Registered: ‎12-02-2011
0

Re: FICO and Disputes

So if you dispute a Ca on your credit it will stay in the fico scoring? It only pulls it out of scoring if you dispute the OC? Am I understanding correctly?

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
llecs
Posts: 32,869
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: FICO and Disputes

Yep...PRs are also not excluded along with CAs.

Frequent Contributor
Cotton_Britches
Posts: 259
Registered: ‎06-11-2008
0

Re: FICO and Disputes


MarineVietVet wrote:

Cotton_Britches wrote:

When you dispute an account on a credit report, does FICO include that account in the calculation of your score when a new creditor pulls your credit?


Portions of an OC account under dispute will not be scored by FICO. Among these are the balance, the CL, and the payment history. Other items like AAoA, scoring bucket, credit mix, account age, etc. including CAs and PRs are not removed or impacted by a dispute.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".


So if you dispute an incorrect balance, does FICO ignore only the balance on that account, or does it ignore the entire account?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see. Because this broken road prepares your will for me." - Jeremy Camp
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,537
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: FICO and Disputes


Cotton_Britches wrote:
 

So if you dispute an incorrect balance, does FICO ignore only the balance on that account, or does it ignore the entire account?


It's my understanding (could be wrong) that no matter what the dispute is specifically about the same items are removed from scoring - the balance, the CL, and the payment history.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Mega Contributor
RobertEG
Posts: 18,166
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
0

Re: FICO and Disputes

+1

The CRAs only provide one code for indicating the presence of a pending dispute under the FCRA.

Thus, FICO has no way of differentiating the specific item under dispute.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}