Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO and Store Cards

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

FICO and Store Cards

It has long been stated both here and elsewhere that having a revolving store/gas card in your CC portfolio is a positive factor for FICO scoring. Is this true or false? (I said having one and not adding one. The basis for this question is, "all other factors being equal".)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: FICO and Store Cards

It shows revolving credit mix diversity, so is good from that limited perspective.But credit mix is only 10% of FICO scoring.

All other factors wont be equal.  You will get a new inq, and a lowereing of your AAoA.

FICO is not a one category consideration.

If just for FICO reasons, I would not do it.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 09-07-2009 05:30 PM
Message 2 of 3
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO and Store Cards

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
It has long been stated both here and elsewhere that having a revolving store/gas card in your CC portfolio is a positive factor for FICO scoring. Is this true or false? (I said having one and not adding one. The basis for this question is, "all other factors being equal".)

I quite specifically stated "having" a store/gas card within your CC portfolio and not adding one thereto. So yes, all other things can be equal.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.