Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO and other scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO and other scores

I think, I have this service with WaMuCards.com, it calls FICO® Score, Provided by: TransUnion for over a year. But I have account on truecredit (TU) and score is different. Maybe they use different analyzing model for credit cards?
Message Edited by llecs on 01-08-2009 06:12 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO and other scores

Asset wrote:
I think, I have this service with WaMuCards.com, it calls FICO® Score, Provided by: TransUnion for over a year. But I have account on truecredit (TU) and score is different. Maybe they use different analyzing model for credit cards?

What you are referring to is PFICO (assumingly named Providian-FICO I guess, as being a precursor to Wamu) and is basically a CC-enhanced score developed by FICO. It is different from TC or from the FICO scores found here. TC offers a generic score and has nothing to do with FICO, and is affectionly called a FAKO score or fake score.
Message Edited by llecs on 01-08-2009 06:13 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, my score on truecredit is useless? At least for $16/m i get 3 credit report, whey should be the same no matter what service you use, Am I right? And still it is different between 3 credit bureau. And our goal to make it tha same.
Message Edited by llecs on 01-08-2009 06:13 PM
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Asset wrote:
So, my score on truecredit is useless? At least for $16/m i get 3 credit report, whey should be the same no matter what service you use, Am I right? And still it is different between 3 credit bureau. And our goal to make it tha same.

Asset, I split of your post from the org. thread to start a new one here. I changed the post title and nothing else. If you'd like to change the title, then click "Options" and then "Edit Message" to change the header.

OK, the scores within TC are useless. No lenders use them. It is a marketing money-maker set up by TU. Your FICO score can go up and your other scores (FAKOs, like TC's) can go down and vice versa. In some cases, the scale is totally different. It is an all around different formula. And TU isn't the only one to do this. Other companies do this too.

I too have (about to had, due to daily pulls) TC. The reports are great, just ignore the scores. My TC score for TU, for example, has been as much as 100 points lower than my real FICO score. Another FAKO score is a transrisk score also provided by TU. This gears towards CCs, but that score has been as much as 225 points off my real TU score. Another FAKO is a Plus score developed by EX. I had my last CA drop off my reports. My EX Plus score dropped 8 points. My EX FICO score increased 58 points. If it doesn't say "FICO" in the fine print anywhere, then it isn't a FICO score, rather it's a marketing ploy to get you to spend more money. Regretfully I have seen too many posts on myFICO forums of people relying on their TC scores or other FAKO scores, only to app for a mortgage and get denied or stuck with a higher rate because they though their FICO score = a TC score, for example.

If you were to pull all 3 FICO scores on the same day, they will not equal each other, ever. Each FICO formula used by the CRAs differ slightly. If the data exactly matched (dates, accounts, balances, etc.) then maybe you'd come within 10 points from each other.

For more info, check out Credit Scoring 101:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=29793

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.