Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO dropped - interesting figures on util and Scorewatch reporting dates

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

FICO dropped - interesting figures on util and Scorewatch reporting dates

OK, so I got a new CC to reduce my utilization percentage.  Interesting effects on my EQ score

self - util from 30% to 5%, score up 17.  DW - util from 20% to 3%, score up 7

Then I ran up a big bill and deliberately did not pay any before the statement (it is now already PIFfed).  This hit my CRs on Monday June 25th.  Today Scorewatch noticed.

self - util from 5% to 25%, score down 19.  DW - util from 3% to 20%, score down 5.

My score was mid 700s, hers 30 points lower.

Now we shall see what happens in 30 days when util will be 1%!!!!!!!!!!!

But it is an interesting and accurate demonstration.  And ny the way - EQ FAKO dropped 21 points the day the balance was posted

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 06-29-2007 11:46 AM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO dropped - interesting figures on util and Scorewatch reporting dates

Midnight, your observation is consistent with what the people in the know have been saying.  I bet once the util% is 1, you and DW's scores shoot back up.
Message 2 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused111 wrote:
Midnight, your observation is consistent with what the people in the know have been saying.  I bet once the util% is 1, you and DW's scores shoot back up.

I am sure they will jump in 25-35 days, depending when SW decides to check  Smiley Very Happy  I did this deliberatley to get a high maximum credit used figure on the CC in case it did not report CL (it does) and because I wanted a bill before I tested out the waters with electronic bill pay (the address is useful  Smiley Happy)

I was posting them as an actual example with real numbers.  I think one of the advantages of this forum over listening to Suse or Dave is that we are real people reporting real numbers (although I do sometime wonder about some people, but that is another story...), and people can ask us questions

And if I can find this thread when the new balance is posted, I will let everyone know what the redction to almost 0 utiliization does.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Which CC did you get?
Message 4 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Caseys/Juniper/Barclays MC with rebates on gas
Message 5 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:
Caseys/Juniper/Barclays MC with rebates on gas

Check your soft pulls for Juniper/Barclays. They've looked at me twice since I had their card. I used the card for two cycles now and PIF before the cycle date. They have been doing a lot of AA on people who have opened new lines. Jealous they are.
Message 6 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I don't think you'll see much score difference between 1% and 9%. Done that yet?
Message 7 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

smallfry wrote:

Check your soft pulls for Juniper/Barclays. They've looked at me twice since I had their card. I used the card for two cycles now and PIF before the cycle date. They have been doing a lot of AA on people who have opened new lines. Jealous they are.

This is my first cycle, and they can pull as many soft pulls as they like!  I am going to be keeping util right down there in the ideal range and PIFfing every month  Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.