cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO goes UP after inquiries?? anybody ever heard of that?

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

FICO goes UP after inquiries?? anybody ever heard of that?

One Cap One pull, and one USAA pull on EQ and my score went from 674 to 678. Is that possible?? And how does that work?

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO goes UP after inquiries?? anybody ever heard of that?

Is this via Score Watch? Or is it a comparison between scores provided by CapOne and USAA? If the latter, how long apart were the pulls?

Message 2 of 5
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

via scorewatch. the pulls were hard and one day apart. got the notification on USAA today and it went up. I was flabbergasted. However, I don't have any credit cards and these were my first attempts to dip my toe in the water. Could that have anything to do with it?? In other news, USAA approved me but wants an identity verification which I will happily send since I have no choiceWoman Frustrated. I've never heard of that..deep sigh

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The alerts from SW can be misleading. It'll throw out EQ FICO changes at the same time of receiving a credit alert (e.g. an added inquiry). Your score change within the SW alert isn't necessarily a product of that credit alert. For example, I once got a SW alert for a 20 pt increase due to a new inquiry. The added inquiry didn't give me 20 but other changes on my CR, combined with the inquiry, resulted in a net gain of 20. As with your situation, there could have been other changes on your CR that resulted in a small net gain like improved util, aging accts, dropped balances, etc.

Message 4 of 5
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

I see. Other factors play in..gotcha. Ok, thank you so much! this scoring thing is amazing. I am still wrapping my head around the fact that one score can make such an impact on my life. Many, many thanks for answering my question Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.