Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO makes my head hurt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO makes my head hurt

I have posted only a couple of times here. I have learned alot of valuable info here. I followed all the tips and suggestions and actually raised all 3 of my scores. It was exciting to see them go up. When I started this adventure my scores were TU 615 Exp 619 (12/19/2007)and good ole Equifax was 584.  I raised my scores by getting 6 old collections deleted from 2001.  I raised my scores by paying off debt.  I was in bliss when my scores jumped to Tu 653 Exp 646 and Equ 618.  I though that was a decent jump and I was able to do a refi which was the driving force initially in getting my scores up. Well now I am obsessed like the rest of you.  I recently paid off another small credit card and thought "Gee, let me see what kinda of jump that made".  Well folks let me tell you I am completely and utterly dumbfounded! Absolutely nothing else has changed except paying off the small credit card.  My scores are all over the place..Tu is now 597 Exp went up to 663 and Equ is at 612.  Transunion dropped by 56 points!!! I am completely confused now. I see no explainantion on Tu report that supports the change.  Furthermore I talked my friend into checking his FICO scores. He was concerned because he has several lates on his auto and mortgage.  I looked at his report with him since I thought I was becoming well versed.  He has been late 6 times in the last year on his Mortgage and 3 times on the auto loan.  His scores were Tu 704 Exp 683 Equ 639.. He has NO credit cards but does have a finance company loan.  I thought the lates would have a huge impact. Frankly I am jealous but am going back to scoring 101 I reckon. 

Do you really have to stay on top of the Bureau's and dispute monthly or what.. I have over $12,000.00 in CL available and owe $3,700.00 total..I had ONE late on CC in 08/07.  I did have previous lates in 2003 , (2) 30 days and (1) 60..thats it...I had collection that ALL have been deleted.  Even my mortgage guy is scratching his head at this point why my scores are so low..Somebody has to know what else I need to do.. Shew!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO makes my head hurt

Do you have anything in dispute?
or marked "Disputed by Customer"
Look though every TL-

1creditconfused wrote:
I have posted only a couple of times here. I have learned alot of valuable info here. I followed all the tips and suggestions and actually raised all 3 of my scores. It was exciting to see them go up. When I started this adventure my scores were TU 615 Exp 619 (12/19/2007)and good ole Equifax was 584.  I raised my scores by getting 6 old collections deleted from 2001.  I raised my scores by paying off debt.  I was in bliss when my scores jumped to Tu 653 Exp 646 and Equ 618.  I though that was a decent jump and I was able to do a refi which was the driving force initially in getting my scores up. Well now I am obsessed like the rest of you.  I recently paid off another small credit card and thought "Gee, let me see what kinda of jump that made".  Well folks let me tell you I am completely and utterly dumbfounded! Absolutely nothing else has changed except paying off the small credit card.  My scores are all over the place..Tu is now 597 Exp went up to 663 and Equ is at 612.  Transunion dropped by 56 points!!! I am completely confused now. I see no explainantion on Tu report that supports the change.  Furthermore I talked my friend into checking his FICO scores. He was concerned because he has several lates on his auto and mortgage.  I looked at his report with him since I thought I was becoming well versed.  He has been late 6 times in the last year on his Mortgage and 3 times on the auto loan.  His scores were Tu 704 Exp 683 Equ 639.. He has NO credit cards but does have a finance company loan.  I thought the lates would have a huge impact. Frankly I am jealous but am going back to scoring 101 I reckon. 

Do you really have to stay on top of the Bureau's and dispute monthly or what.. I have over $12,000.00 in CL available and owe $3,700.00 total..I had ONE late on CC in 08/07.  I did have previous lates in 2003 , (2) 30 days and (1) 60..thats it...I had collection that ALL have been deleted.  Even my mortgage guy is scratching his head at this point why my scores are so low..Somebody has to know what else I need to do.. Shew!!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have 1 account on credit card that says "disputed by customer" only because the balance showing was $267.00 and should be $0..Thats it.... the ONLY thing I can see is if the Mortgage inquiry hurt my score but I was under the impression it wouldnot hurt my score and I certainly dont think it would cause such a huge drop..Thanks Timothy for your reply
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The history of the TL that is disputed is being removed from scoring-  As soon as it's done - expect some of those points back-

1creditconfused wrote:
I do have 1 account on credit card that says "disputed by customer" only because the balance showing was $267.00 and should be $0..Thats it.... the ONLY thing I can see is if the Mortgage inquiry hurt my score but I was under the impression it wouldnot hurt my score and I certainly dont think it would cause such a huge drop..Thanks Timothy for your reply

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.