Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score and auto financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO score and auto financing

I have recently realized that my bankruptcy attorney made a major mistake prior to my 2005 discharge. We had 2 car loans that were not to be included in our chapter 7 bankruptcy. I believe it's called reaffirm. All assets and loans are to be listed, but anything you plan to continue paying must be noted. We kept our house and cars. We have never been late on a payment since the discharge. However, according to the bankruptcy documents, it appears as though we walked away from the car loans. I called the finance company and they said there is nothing they can do. They have to go with what the court documents say.

I have also learned that auto finance companies pay more attention to a consumers track record related to previous auto loans. That being said, my track record "appears" to be pretty bad when you look at the auto loans. My current FICO score is 707. Any recommendations or options I might have for obtaining auto financing where the lender would overlook those 2 auto loans that were erroneously included in a bankruptcy?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.