Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO score drop

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum . Just trying to find some answer . I recently did a balance transfer to

consolidate 2 card in one total $5000 to save $ . My limit on my transfer card was $5500 and I transfer $5000 to it. My FICO score went from 769 to 718. I don't under stand why it would of drop that low.

thanks 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO score drop

That put you at 90% utilization on a single card, and Fico scoring considers that maxed out. That resulted in a severe scoring penalty.

Message 2 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum . Just trying to find some answer . I recently did a balance transfer to

consolidate 2 card in one total $5000 to save $ . My limit on my transfer card was $5500 and I transfer $5000 to it. My FICO score went from 769 to 718. I don't under stand why it would of drop that low.

thanks 

Welcome to myFICO! CAPTOOL is spot on with what was said. Unless you plan to apply for something soon don't stress over the score change. As you pay down the balance your score will raise back up. Saving money is more important than score chasing.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm planning to purchases a new car in November. If I did another balance transfer some of it like $2500 to another card would the FICO score goes back up .
Thanks
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.