Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score drop

tag
Shannon3671
New Contributor

Re: FICO score drop

Wow, sounds like it...lol. I got it because my bankruptcy finally falls off in May. I was lucky enough to get TU and Ex to do an early exclusion (no luck with Eq at all), but oddly enough, I saw no change in my FICO scores at all on either report as a result of the EEs. Not sure why or if that takes a little longer to factor in, but it was a tad disheartening.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please delete, replied to wrong post. Sorry to revive a zombie thread.

Message 12 of 18
Shannon3671
New Contributor

Hi Smoked. Not sure how to delete a post, but no worries. Also, this is a current conversation. You may have seen our registration date and thought that was the conversation date. Have a great day.

Message 13 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

The scores come from the bureau, as does the data.

Put blame where it's due, something is funky with TU as has been noted on other posts.  I never had an issue with my lone retail card (which I just closed) but we've seen awkward things from TU in the past and we undoubtedly will again in the future with something simply off on the consumer facing side of their infrastructure.

        
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

The scores come from the bureau, as does the data.

Put blame where it's due, something is funky with TU as has been noted on other posts.  I never had an issue with my lone retail card (which I just closed) but we've seen awkward things from TU in the past and we undoubtedly will again in the future with something simply off on the consumer facing side of their infrastructure.

Exactly correct. This is a TU problem, not a MyFico problem. I have the same issue with my soft pull TU scores from Barclays and Discover. They are both 50 to 60 points lower than my actual score.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine are always right on the other ones.
So in essence I could be denied a CLI because TU has the information wrong? I know when I got the alert I pulled a TU about 5 minutes later and it was up 11 again. Next day got an alert it was back down 11. Pulled a new report again and was back up the 11 points. 30$ spent in thinking something happened lmao
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So in essence I could be denied a CLI because TU has the information wrong? I know when I got the alert I pulled a TU about 5 minutes later and it was up 11 again. Next day got an alert it was back down 11. Pulled a new report again and was back up the 11 points. 30$ spent in thinking something happened lmao

Never been an issue for me. Got my eBates, (TU puller), bumped from $6K to $10K recently, and my last Discover CLI was $4500. I also frequently check rates with web based lenders that pull TU. The score is always correct when they do their soft pull. That's why, even though it used to drive me crazy, I no longer worry about it.

Message 17 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Two different systems looking at it.

Full pull = bureau data.

The TU monitoring system that they developed for creditors which is partially what they use here at MF, is apparently a secondary cached source with strange data.  The implementations are different from other bureaus looking at the SP's on each report: some bureaus are monitored with not only whatever their change trigger is but also backed by SP's (Experian after the new update apparently) and EQ has always been the best in market from their Scorewatch product as they were really the first ones to develop the solution from a consumer centric model (and first to sell it to consumers too).

Comparing the EX and TU datasets though including SP information, you'll see a marked difference in how things get updated here on myFICO.  3 different products, 3 different implementations, one aggregator of all three = MF.  Those products were originally created for creditors, which is why some of big changes, like negatives falling off, aren't tracked well because the creditors simply didn't care if that happened.... only if new negative information gets added, not if we get cleaner.

        
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.