Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score dropped

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO score dropped

All things considered being equal, it's also a possibility that OP got scorecard segmented, which could potentially explain the sudden drop in scores. Maybe his AAOFA crossed a certain threshold, or something along those lines. It's difficult to pinpoint without specific details. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 11 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

All things considered being equal, it's also a possibility that OP got scorecard segmented, which could potentially explain the sudden drop in scores. Maybe his AAOFA crossed a certain threshold, or something along those lines. It's difficult to pinpoint without specific details. 

Yeah, possible, but it's really rare that bucketing is correct; like absurdly rare statistically on this forum as typically it just gets tossed around when ain't nobody got a clue.... and then there's usually a "oh hai, I have this on my report too" and everyone groans and life goes on sans bucketing.

Admittedly with more scorecards we'll see more changes between scorecards, and oldest account might've accounted for that, not sure that AAOA thresholds ever produce a drop, always seems to be positive when it increases and negative when it decreases by all data points which suggests that it's not a bucket item.  Was AAOFA a typo?

        
Message 12 of 15
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Best I can tell is AAoA is strictly a scoring factor, not a scorecard factor. 

On the otherhand, I am fairly certain age of oldest account  (age of file) is a scorecard factor for clean files.  Age of youngest account is more iffy but it may also be a scorecard factor for segmentation of clean files. As seen in some Fico presentations, there are indications that some level of minor delinquency may be considered "clean".

Could Fico have cleaned the dirt off a scorecard having a minor, aged, delinquency?

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Do both explicitly say FICO on them?  For giggles check the Discover free score that's posted here as that explicitly is an EX FICO 8 score and freecreditscore traditionally has sold a whole bunch of crap in addition to a FICO score, I'd want to make sure I was comparing apples to apples.

The HELOC may or may not be factored into revolving utilization, not sure if the 43/45K puts it above the current line where it would get discounted or counted as installment, but if you've had it for a year it's not that... or at least probably not that, it's impossible to really state how FICO treats HELOCs right now without a lot more data which we don't have.

I'd double-check they were the same score version, and after that probably just /shrug and go on with life.  There may have been some detail in the tradelines reporting which caused it (dispute or similar) and you'd have to look with a fine tooth comb to really find it.

I will ask, do you know what your AAOA and oldest account are?  This is more to whether the HELOC is factoring in as a 30 day late from that long ago if that's your only negative shouldn't likely have your score at 706 unless you don't have much history... for example I'm above that with far worse negatives on my report without tremendously awesome history either.

my oldest account is 10.5 years and avarage account age 5.6 years, and i was never late on my HELOC, it was a amex card with 1k limit if it makes any difference

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it sounds like it will bery hard to put a finger on the issue. What can I do moving forward to increase my score, Ideally i want to be close to the 800s but...I dont know if I ever will get there Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.