Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score during credit freeze -

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO score during credit freeze -

Hi, does anybody know what happens during a credit freeze with your Fico score.. does it continue to build.. accumulate / loose points? Or, is that itself frozen too? Mine has stayed the same at 744 for two months now after i froze my credit reports back in June. It looks like the score has been frozen. I can't find anywhere that explains this.  Thanks.  -L

Message Edited by l1el on 08-26-2007 08:57 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO score during credit freeze -

Freeze pretty stops inquiries and "new" accounts. It doesn't effect score at all. However a freeze can prevent sources from retrieving updates. Check to see if your CR has updated info. The freeze can block them and appear as score is not changing. It is also possible your score hasn't changed too.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The creditors you have now will still be able to access your reports and hence, the score should change accordingly.. no? I thought the creditors you had when you instituted the freeze had full access to your reports throughout the duration of the freeze?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not completely sure if current lenders are able to place a hard inq. I know they can still update the CR and make as many soft inq's as they want. This is a good question.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll just have to watch my Pfico score on my Wamu card to see what happens, and/or write FICO and find out. Btw, thanks to this forum i've found my fico score i monitor and talk about on Wamu is actually a credit card Pfico score. That explains my EX being 780, EQ - 796, and TU being 732. The TU score is lower via Vantage and seem's to be more of a real scoring model. It's all very confusing but i've learned alot here. Once my Capital One card reveal's my credit lines to the credit bureau's, my score should go up 40 - 80 points. That awaits to be seen though. I've had Capital One since 2000. I'm happy with what have now for scores. Thanks for the help.

Message Edited by l1el on 08-27-2007 07:54 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.