Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score is 0

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO score is 0

My FICO score is 0 (zero); I do not use traditional credit.  Will I still be able to buy a home?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO score is 0

With that stance on credit & that question - you obviously should start listening to Dave Ramsey.

Yes you can, you just have to pay all of the bills that you have on time & find a mortgage firm that does manual underwriting.
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: FICO score is 0

Hi, Braeden, welcome to the forums! I'm curious: do you actually have something that says your score is 0? Usually one gets a message that a score can't be assigned due to lack of recent credit activity or something. And in some areas of the country, utilities report to one or more of the credit bureaus, so you might have a score without even knowing.

Otherwise, as TSM said, just ask around for a mortgage underwriter that works with those without credit scores. I'm sure that you'll have to come up with some sort of record of timely payment or something or another, as in utility bills.

You might also consider posting your question over on the Mortgages and Loans board. If you like, I can move this thread over there. (Just post back here if so.) Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.