Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score not updated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO score not updated

About a week ago, TransUnion erroneously put an old collection account that had dropped off my credit report back on and my FICO score dropped almost 75 points!  I contacted TransUnion to dispute the placing of the account on my file and they removed it.  I waited a week to request a new FICO credit report and score from TransUnion.  On the credit report, the collection account has been removed, but my FICO score has not changed.  It's still 75 point lower (this is because the collection was showing up as a new collection account and not a 7.5 year old account).   Does anyone know if FICO scores are on some kind of monthly score update and it just hasn't been done on my account yet?  Nothing else in my credit report has changed in the past 3 months, it's only that one TransUnion error.  This is so incredibly frustrating..take 1 step forward and 10 back....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO score not updated

The score that's generated is a snapshot in that moment in time when the score is pulled - the score is based on the info on your report during that moment.  Does that make sense?  What else is different on your report that you still are -75 points but the collection is gone?  Are you sure it is gone?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO score not updated

Yes, I've confirmed that the colleciton is gone from the credit report that was purchased through myFICO.   In July, my score was in the mid-600s and then on July 21st, TransUnion re-added the collection.  I was alerted to the drop in scores by a credit monitoring service I subscribe to.  I immediately ordered a credit report and score from myFICO and confirmed that the collection  had bee re-added and that my score dropped 75 points.  I immediately contacted TransUnion and disputed the activity.  On July 22, I received an email from TransUnion in which they indicated that they had removed the account.   They mailed me a copy of my credit report and the account had been deleted.  Tonight, I decided to order another copy of the report/score to see if my score had been updated and noticed that the collection is gone, but the score is still 75 points lower.  There has been no other activity in my report (no lates, inquiries, etc.). 

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scoring Question

Did you pull the before AND after report from myFICO.com? And yesterday's report show's yesterday's date, right? (I know sounds silly, but some actually look at old reports without ordering a new one...*feels like tech support guy asking if the computer is on*)

If so, would you mind posting the Positive and negative reasons listed on pages 2 & 3 of of last week's report and this week's report. These can be very telling.

Also, look at your Credit At-A-Glance page for both reports and confirm the collection count. They should be two different numbers.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.