Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO scores are all way different!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO scores are all way different!

Hey Brad,
I meant to mention that going to any other credit reporting websites and puchasing your report off those won't be the accurate report that banks use to evaluate your credit banks pull from all three credit reporting agencies and still only use the middle score, which in this case is your Equifax at 688 it sounds like.  They throw out the highest score and the lowest score but still check your account payment history.  I would suggest if you go to look for a lender don't have your credit run everytime just give them your three scores from my fico and find out what your rate and terms could be hypothetically.  This way you won't get hit with an inquiry which could drop your score.  If you decide to have your credit pulled make sure you shop in a thirty day period as Fico would recognize the inquiry as a mortgage loan search and count it only as one inquiry.  The other CRA use a different formula in determining your score which would lean more toward acquiring a credit card.  You really look like you are currently in good shape as far as your score is concern.
Message 11 of 15
blameitonrio
Established Member

Hey Brad!  I'm with you bud!!  My FICO range is even more frustrating--a low of 580 for EQ (ick) to a 692 for TU.   That's 112 points!  I wish I understood it!
Message 12 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Ha, that's child's play.  Smiley Wink I was 178 points apart. 742 EQ and 564 TU in Jan. Things have leveled out some (only about a 74 points).  Came down some in EQ and gone up a lot in TU.  Check w/ a fine-toothed comb, what the differences are.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
blameitonrio
Established Member

Wow Byrdman!!!!!!  That is a CRAZY difference!!  Good job on getting them as close as you have!!  yeah, we're in the middle of going through everything with a fine toothed comb to figure out the difference!!  What a laborious task!!  Good Luck Brad!
Message 14 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FairIsaac stated in the webinar of 2/22/08 (see tab in the Credit Education section above) that the actual FICO scoring algorithm they sell to each of the three CRAs are themselves different, so that even identical reports at each CRA will score differently.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.