Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO scores matched despite different info

tag
dcal
Valued Member

FICO scores matched despite different info

I have been lurking on these forums for a while at least since I joined in 2005, at first I just did the monthly credit pulls and later on I joined scorewatch. I have had the strangest thing happen to me.  In the fact that my TU-98 and Equifax is the exact same number for two months Feb-2012 and March 2012.  What the H... is going on?

Did the cosmos align in some way? Or what?  I have never had this happen they have always been 55-65 points difference.  I am wondering If the two credit bureaus use the same algorithmns at the same time.  How common is this?.  I did have one late in December 2011.  So maybe I was rebucketed.  I am bugging BoFa with goodwill's

but they are pretty hard to crack.  I have no collections or chargeoffs and BK7 will drop off in Sept 2013 (ten years).  All I know is whatever algorithmns they are using or the buckets they re using to base my criteria on I'm not feeling. Because it is not much movement credit score wise. I will purchase score watch when I get an alert "saying my credit score has changed".  I have learned the hard way by purchasing a gazillion reports and it's the same score. I will be curious to see how long my two scores stay the same.  Next month my EQ. will have 10yrs History and 4 yrs. AAoA.  This month my TU-98 made 6 yrs. history and 3 yrs. AAoA.

Any feedback will be great.

Starting Score: TU 572,EX-578,EQ-539 1-1-2014
Current Score: TU98-591, EQ-582, EX-595 (1-17-2014)
Goal Score= EQ- 760, TU- 760 EX- 760
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO scores matched despite different info

OP, I split your post to form a new one here. I had to edit the title, but changed nothing else. If you'd like to change the title, click "Options" and then "Edit Message".

To answer....it's a coincidence. Both TU and EQ FICO reports have differing formulas, but each report will always report a tad differently, enough so to throw the scores in and out of alignment from time to time. I'm a score junkie too and there had been times the scores matched when pulled the same day, despite the reports containing totally different info.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.