Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO scores

Hi, I am new to this board and the process...could sure use some help and input from everyone with this.

I just subscribed to myFICO and, get my three scores plus the FICO score. I noticed that the FICO score is from Experian. Do I need to get a FICO score from TransUnion and Experian as well to determine my "real" number?

Thanks in advance to all. This board is great help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
XAVIERSMAMA
Regular Contributor

Re: FICO scores

Welcome to the forumsSmiley Happy

Where did you get your score from?  You can receive your Equifax and Transunion FICO scores from myfico.  Experian doens't offer their FICO score to consumers so you won't be able get your Experian FICO unless you have a lender pull it.  If you have an Experian score, unless a lender pulled it, it's actually what we call a FAKO score. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and, thanks for your prompt reply!

I just looked at myfico email again. They gave me a scorewatch alert, indicating a change then, a few hours later, Equifax sent me the same message but, a detailed report. I made a mistake, it was in fact Equifax.

Now that I got that straight, do I need to get a FICO from Experian and TU or, am I ok? I am shopping mortgages and was advised I should get FICO reports from the other two?

Message 3 of 5
XAVIERSMAMA
Regular Contributor

You should get your TU FICO in addition to the EQ FICO you already have.  You won't be able to get your EX FICO.  Lenders pull all three and use the mid score so use the TU and EQ scores to see where you are.  Even though you can't get your EX FICO, you should still pull a copy of the your EX credit report to see if the info is the same as that on your other reports.  If it's similar than your EX score would be in the same range as your EQ and TU.  If there are differences, more baddies or more goodies than what's on your other two, it can help you determine where your EX score is so you have a better guesstimate of which is your mid score.

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you and, thanks for your prompt reply!

I just looked at myfico email again. They gave me a scorewatch alert, indicating a change then, a few hours later, Equifax sent me the same message but, a detailed report. I made a mistake, it was in fact Equifax.

Now that I got that straight, do I need to get a FICO from Experian and TU or, am I ok? I am shopping mortgages and was advised I should get FICO reports from the other two?

Welcome.

You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myfico. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money. You can also purchase your Equifax score at www.equifax.com and your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. 

(myfico)
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

CC interest free as of 8/09
Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO.
"Hello my name is Sandy and I'm a recovering crediholic".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.