FICO scoring ---Need Help!!!!

tag
Fancyron
Valued Member

FICO scoring ---Need Help!!!!

Here goes:  Over the last month I had the following occur:

Reduce my utilization from 29% to 16%

Finally reach 24 months of clean good payment history, no baddies

Had my only collection age to more than 4 yrs.

No new accounts. 

However, my score didn't move one pt.  Actually my simulator went down from a max of 771 to 741. 

Is it just that the score hasnt updated although I got a report today?

I dont understand.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO scoring ---Need Help!!!!

If you bought a report today---that's what your score is today.

But--doesn't mean the actual cra's have updated this info yet. For example, TU always seems to be 2 months behind in reporting most of my accounts. Most would like to blame this on the individual creditors not reporting timely. And while I agree are some are better at reporting on time compared to others, TU is ALWAYS  behind on mine! LOL

I'd give it a couple of weeks. For instance I've found that most of my Nov updates weren't finished updating till Dec 9th (and this is usually the case with MY credit file). So I'll wait until around the 16th to purchase a new report from FICO. And I will wait until then simply because FICO is usually a week behind in reporting  updates/changes on my reports. Make sense? (This is usually when I'll get alerts)

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

GFer has a good point.  most of my december updates were not completed until about 3 days ago.  it could just be that you pulled your reports too soon to reflect the changes you made.
Message 3 of 8
Fancyron
Valued Member

I understand.....somewhat..  With that explanation, are you saying that although my balances have been updated to the current amount, and utilization numbers have been updated thru score watch, my score itself may still not be updated? 

I appreciate your responses.

Message 4 of 8
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Fancyron wrote:

I understand.....somewhat..  With that explanation, are you saying that although my balances have been updated to the current amount, and utilization numbers have been updated thru score watch, my score itself may still not be updated? 

I appreciate your responses.

Fancyron, I'm not a SW user, but as I understand it, if SW has alerted you that all the changes you mentioned in your first post have actually updated on your EQ report, then a new EQ score & report obtained either through SW or from here separately SHOULD reflect a corresponding improvement in your scores.

Just to be sure we're talking apples and apples, you're saying that SW alerted you to all these updates, you got a new EQ score & report either thru SW or from here separately, and there's no change in your score despite those updates?

If that's the case, then my best guess is that there's something else on your reports that's keeping your score from moving. Smiley Indifferent

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 5 of 8
Fancyron
Valued Member

Scamp, I pull my equifax report from the equifax website regularly.  When I see a major change I will then pull my score power report to get my score.  Over the last 2 weeks, my reports has been updated several accounts in my favor, so I thought.  Even so, even with all the changes, when i pulled yesterday, no change in score. 

Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Do you have your target score set to your most current known score?

Why they call it target, I can't fathom, but you want to have it set to the most recent score. If a change on your reports causes the score to move away from this figure, either upward or downward, an alert will be triggered.

Do realize that SW searches for changes at different intervals. Go to the myFICO Product Feedback board (the link should be down pretty much at the very bottom of your initial screen) and look at the stickied threads and click "Score Watch Guide (Recently Updated." It explains how some changes are checked for every several days (new accounts, for instance), and others are checked for every 7-10 days.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
Fancyron
Valued Member

No, I didnt have my target score set to the most current known score.

I'll check out that other link

Thanks for your help. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.