Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO scoring

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

FICO scoring

Hello forum friends, 

I need some help from the experts on scoring.  My SW EQ fico is 704.  It says that this is  slightly  "above"  average.  I just pulled my TU today and my fico score is 721.  TU states that this fico score is slightly "below" average.   I would like someone to explain how a lower fico score can be above avg when a higher score is below avg.  Thanks for your input.  Seems like the older I get, the more confused I get.  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 03-09-2010 03:57 PM
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO scoring

Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Hello forum friends, 

I need some help from the experts on scoring.  My SW EQ fico is 704.  It says that this is a slightly  "above"  average.  I just pulled my TU today and my fico score is 721.  TU states that this fico score is slightly "below" average.   I would like someone to explain how a lower fico score can be above avg when a higher score is below avg.  Thanks for your input.  Seems like the older I get, the more confused I get.  Smiley Very Happy

It seems that EQ grades on a slightly easier curve. Smiley Tongue

Seriously, though, comparing your "performance" on EQ and TU is like comparing your performance on two different tests with different distributions of scores.  EQ and TU use different formulae, and so it's not surprising that across the range of consumer scores, they'd have different average scores.

Message 2 of 3
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO scoring

Lel wrote:

It seems that EQ grades on a slightly easier curve. Smiley Tongue

Thanks for the reply.  I wish EQ would have been around when I was in school, ( a very long time ago ).  It would have helped with some of my grades. Smiley Wink

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.