Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO simulator reliable?

tag
golo
Frequent Contributor

FICO simulator reliable?

I ask this cause,I just got the score watch from here and base on the simulator of I pay like 60 dollars out of 2455 in one month my score will go up significantly,from 603 to 653 between 635.How can that be? I taught that if you make payment on old debts it will reset the clock and decrease the score,so how can that be,confusing.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO simulator reliable?

I find the FICO score estimator more reliable.  Do a search on this site for link.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 5
golo
Frequent Contributor

That's what I meant,the FICO score estimator,sorry Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Are you sure you are using FICO score estimator?  That is the tool where you answer a bunch of questions about your credit and it gives you a FICO range at the end of it.  It is not the simulator where it looks at your current credit report and you can change one or couple of things and see what it does to your credit.  I find the FICO score estimator more accurate when trying to figure out what your credit will do with certain actions.  The reality is that there are no tools to see what it will do to you credit because of factors of individual credit history and what scorecard you are on.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@golo wrote:
That's what I meant,the FICO score estimator,sorry Smiley Happy

Is this the FICO Score Estimator you're talking about?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.