Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO versus Vantage scoring?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO versus Vantage scoring?

Could a poster please explain to me the difference in the two systems.  My mother has an good FICO score of 716 for Experian, however, when she bought her Vantage score from Experian she only had a score of 713 on a 990 scale..

I am trying to understand how the system works right now.  Do banks use FICO or Vantage when deciding a whether or not to approve loans? Thank you in advance for any answers to my questions.

TheTaxMan

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO versus Vantage scoring?

This might help!

http://www.vantagescore.experian.com/

Different lenders sometimes use different scoring models. They are usually 'tweaked' to correspond with whatever product they are pulling for (ie., mortgage, cc, automobile loan, etc).

Even the three cra's use different models!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GFer
Valued Contributor

This might help!

http://www.vantagescore.experian.com/

Different lenders sometimes use different scoring models. They are usually 'tweaked' to correspond with whatever product they are pulling for (ie., mortgage, cc, automobile loan, etc).

Even the three cra's use different models!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ignore the VantageScore. Just about every lender out there uses a FICO score. Remember also, the scale for VantageScore goes to 990 but starts at 501 (or something like that) in comparison to 300 on FICO.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few lenders use vantagescore....I think some auto lenders, but over 90 percent of lenders use FICO (especially mainstream ones). In addition, almost every mortgage lender pulls FICO scores.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.