Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO vs. Credit Bureau Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO vs. Credit Bureau Scores

Hello,
I have a quesiton...are the scores that we see when we buy them at places like True Credit the same scores that we see at MyFico.com? I was told that they are not the same ones that banks use to evaluate your creditworthiness.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO vs. Credit Bureau Scores

uptyte1996 wrote:
Hello,
I have a quesiton...are the scores that we see when we buy them at places like True Credit the same scores that we see at MyFico.com? I was told that they are not the same ones that banks use to evaluate your creditworthiness.

Those scores are simply marketed to people to give them a sense of how credit works.  TU sells something called a TransRisk score and Experian uses something called a Vantage score.  Most people call these FAKO scores as when you go into a lender with these yu are definitely unprepared.  The FICO scores you see here are the mortgage scores.  Keep in mind there are several different types of FICO score, such as Auto-enhanced for cars and banjcard ienhanced for credit cards.

To make a long answer short the onyl score you can purchase that may actually be used by a lender is the score from Fair Issac

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.