Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO vs FACO vs myFICO scores

tag
RainaB13
New Contributor

FICO vs FACO vs myFICO scores

Is myFICO the only nonFACO site? How different are myFICo,FACO & FICO scores? Why can't consumers see the same scores creditors see.
I think that, within reason, my officer at my credit union will show me my score from which ever bureau they use. When I first opened my account there, he did & sat me down & discussed it with me. It started out not being high enough for me to be able to open a checking account, just savings. Then a Visa with a $3000 CL. Since then my score has gone up 177 points.
I went there because of Suze Orman(please, no faces. ) They are friendlier than any bank I've had since the 70's.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: FICO vs FACO vs myFICO scores

Out of curiosity - how a low of a score prevented you from getting a checking account?  Congrats on the rebuilding effort btw.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 2 of 9
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@RainaB13 wrote:
Is myFICO the only nonFACO site? How different are myFICo,FACO & FICO scores? Why can't consumers see the same scores creditors see.
I think that, within reason, my officer at my credit union will show me my score from which ever bureau they use. When I first opened my account there, he did & sat me down & discussed it with me. It started out not being high enough for me to be able to open a checking account, just savings. Then a Visa with a $3000 CL. Since then my score has gone up 177 points.
I went there because of Suze Orman(please, no faces. ) They are friendlier than any bank I've had since the 70's.

there are other ways you can get fico scores like if you open an walmart store or walmart discover card you get an TU fico, also dcu and psecu offer fico score if you have accounts with them. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 9
RainaB13
New Contributor

Score was under 575. What are dcu & psecu? I read abbreviations but so much wasn't in there.
I had gone through a bad patch & was actually still turning down offers. They gave me a checking account & a Visa with a $3000 limit after not too long.
I've been reading in the forums & I'm starting to understand but, why are the actual scores kept secret?
Message 4 of 9
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@RainaB13 wrote:
Score was under 575. What are dcu & psecu? I read abbreviations but so much wasn't in there.
I had gone through a bad patch & was actually still turning down offers. They gave me a checking account & a Visa with a $3000 limit after not too long.
I've been reading in the forums & I'm starting to understand but, why are the actual scores kept secret?

dcu=digital credit union and psecu=penn state employee credit union. If you have account with them you get free fico scores. The problem from what i know about fico scores there are so many versions of them. I think there is like over 45 different versions. That may be part of the problem. I would just try and be patient and make sure you pif every month and in time, you will be able to get some of those cb cards you want. Do you have any in particular you are aiming for, because i think freedom and discover it may be an bit easier to get then say an amex bcp 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 9
RainaB13
New Contributor

I have Discovered It;CL$1000-$1500-$1900.
I've seen that Chase Freedom is marked good
Does anyone know if I can get 1 of my non rewards Capital 1's switched to
Quicksilver or do I have to apply?
I saw something I think was tres wierd.
Chase Sapphire marked as good credit on
a site. Isn't that supposed to be 1 of the
hardest to get?
Message 6 of 9
RainaB13
New Contributor

I could very well be crazy! I had totally given up wants. Ordered in a pizza the other night to celebrate my CLI. Now I might just go out of control! Next, giving up lavender scented cleaners.
My Sephora VIB days are over. My only splurge is my, soon to be, 97 yr old mother; as long as she can enjoy it!
Actually, having money in the bank & getting my credit solid feels good. I had good credit mid 20's-mid 30's. Long story. My 1st job was actually getting nabbed from Xmas help to New Accounts in a prestigious department store. 1976, we could get bank information then. When I moved on a computer accidentally gave me 20% off for another yr (or my friends there.) I knew how to temporarily change my limit etc.
Message 7 of 9
RainaB13
New Contributor

Sorry, CLI & 0% card balance or pizza high? Hope you're LOL with me a bit.
Message 8 of 9
RainaB13
New Contributor

I want to thank all of you. I've mostly done this alone. About 5 years ago I moved from Manhattan & the building where I lived,owned by the most famous real estate tycoon;no names (hint Tr**p Place ) came after me for $23000. I told the collection agency: to have them show me a legal document with my signature on it, proving I owed it. I didn't, they couldn't, but it was still one scarey year waiting for that to come off my reports.
Feels good to share that. Apparently the scare tactic was working with a lot of people who didn't know the rent control laws. I did.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.