Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Member
0 Kudos

Re: FICO vs. FAKO – Share your FAKO stories

Having the same issue. Dont know what to believe. All i know is i got denied from art van cause my score was at 554 but that's not what my fico score say it's at 624. So some one is lying. Btw that 554 score is a vantage score
Established Member
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi I am very new here. So I am confused about FICO vs. FAKO.

Credit Karma: TU 611; EQ 612

Experian.com: EX 633

Equifax.com: EQ 499; EX 482; TU 499

MyFICO: FICO 8 EX 633; TU 614; EQ 617

I have MyFICO 3B package so I see all kinds of scores. The ranges are: TU 566-641; EX 512-633; EQ 563-639

I do not understand why the Equifax.com scores are so low. My credit is bad but not that bad.

The last time I saw a real score was Sept. 2016 when I got a new car and my score was in the 560s. I don't remember which bureau. My CK scores at the time were slightly lower than what the car dealer pulled.

I know my scores have gone up since then with all on time payments and lowering balances on cards.

Contributor
0 Kudos

I was talking to my dad the other day about credit scores as I am in the process of trying to repair mine from mistakes that I have made.

He informed me that according to Credit Karma his scores were in the mid 500s. I could not believe this when he told me. My parents have had $250k in available credit for 20 years with low balances, installment loans for 20 years, and mortgages for as long as I can remember. I asked him what could be negating his account so much and he informed me that he had 1 collection that was wrongfully reporting to his account.

Still curious, I talked him into registering on myFICO and purchasing the credit monitoring software that they sell. Once he logged in, his scored popped up and they were mid 700s across the board. I have no idea why his scores were so low on Credit Karma, but that goes to show how truely innacurate they can be. He was happy to know that he had good scores.

My only wish is that I could log into myFICO and have mid 700 scores show up. Just gotta keep running this marathon!

Starting Scores: EQ [ 525 ] TU [ 567 ] EX [ 565 ] - 02/17
Current Scores: EQ [ 573 ] TU [ 581 ] EX [ 596 ] - 03/17
Established Member
0 Kudos

It will happen sooner than you think jlh1580

When I posted on Feb 19, my scores were MyFICO: FICO 8 EX 633; TU 614; EQ 617

Now as of today they are FICO 8 EX 650; TU 625; EQ 642

As long as I keep paying down and on time, they might get to high 600s in a few months, maybe in the 700s next year. Maybe even faster. I am sending out some goodwill letters to try and get some lates removed and a chargeoff removed that I paid in full.

I would like to be "gardening" and have no new inquiries but I had to get a new car and I am in law school so I get a hard inquiry every semester for student loans.

Contributor
0 Kudos

lachickforever wrote:

It will happen sooner than you think jlh1580

When I posted on Feb 19, my scores were MyFICO: FICO 8 EX 633; TU 614; EQ 617

Now as of today they are FICO 8 EX 650; TU 625; EQ 642

As long as I keep paying down and on time, they might get to high 600s in a few months, maybe in the 700s next year. Maybe even faster. I am sending out some goodwill letters to try and get some lates removed and a chargeoff removed that I paid in full.

I would like to be "gardening" and have no new inquiries but I had to get a new car and I am in law school so I get a hard inquiry every semester for student loans.

I can only hope so. I am working hard on it. Capital One is reporting many lates on my account and a woman called me this morning from their executive office to talk about it so I am hoping for a deletion of my lates from them. That's my good news of the day, so far.

Starting Scores: EQ [ 525 ] TU [ 567 ] EX [ 565 ] - 02/17
Current Scores: EQ [ 573 ] TU [ 581 ] EX [ 596 ] - 03/17
New Visitor
0 Kudos

I've been lurking for a few months here. I have several FAKO scores, but today I finally subscribed to the $1 trial of Credit Check Total for my Fico 8 scores. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I'm don't have great scores, but they were higher than my fall scores, some by quite a bit!
FAKO:
Creditwise- 582
Credit One- 518
Credit Karma- TU 587, EQ 595
Discover Scorecard- 604

True FICO 8- TU 590, EQ 616, EX 609

I'm so happy two of those are out of the 500's. I've had awful credit so long I had no hope. Finally things are starting to look up!
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Discover scorecard is a true Fico 8 score based on Experian data - i.e EX Fico 8.

Credit Karma shows VantageScore 3.0 results.

Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850 (3/2017)
Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850 (3/2017)
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 804 TU 823 EX 830 (3/2017) EX Fico 98: 839 (3/2017)
VS 3.0:...... EQ 832 TU 832 EX 832 (3/2017)
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 887 TU 899 EX 900 (3/2017)
CBIS: ........LN Auto 940 LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950 (4/2017)
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

I was under the assumption that your FICO was generally lower than your CK FAKO. My FICO scores are actually higher across the board. Anyone else have this experience

Last App 5/18/17

Pulling weeds until March 2018
Highlighted
Established Member

@Prince Corwin, not really sure about that. My CK scores and FICO8 scores were about the same and then a few weeks ago, my CK TU and EQ scores dropped like 40-50 points. No new inqs, no new baddies, only ontime payments and lowering of balances. I think a student loan was added because I am currently a student. My FICO scores stayed the same or went up. So I have no idea what is going on over at CK. I am only looking at FICO nowadays.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I had a 501 and 495 score on credit karma back in OCT 2016. Fast forward to today I've removed all the late payments from my credit, got a secured credit card, got added as an authorized user on my wife's perfect credit history CC. And it jumped to 676 and 678.  I still got a $788 debt with Midland that is posted as public record and on collections.

Now I sign up to myfico on May 5, and got scores of 578, 601, and 617.  Not much has changed hopefully I can get that TransUnion to go up a little.  What are the chances I get a huge jump like the CK report?

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.