Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Visitor

Re: FICO vs. FAKO – Share your FAKO stories

My Credit Karma score just went from 760 to 812 last Monday. My FICO score (Free from Discover/Barclays) went from 819 to 803. I think it's because my credit card balances went from $200 to $0 for the FICO drop. I think the vantage increase happened because my two year old inquiries for a mortgage (4 of them within a week) all dropped off. It's stupid if that's what causes a 52 point increase. I guess you get what you pay for.

Contributor

I signed up for a month of the MyFico 3B reports. Currently my scores are as they appear in my siggy (from 650s-670s). My FAKO score on CreditKarma's end has been teetering the high 600s, which isn't terribly off I suppose for it being a free service. It reached 700-701 last week, and just last night went up to 746 O_O

Now, I know these are FAKO scores, and I believe quite a bit of individuals say these scores are as reliable as a politician Smiley Very Happy, BUT why would they get such an increase? Like, what would trigger it?

Mind you, the only change on the reports from this last update (my FAKO TU on CreditKarma updates every 7 days) was ONE credit inquiry. An inquiry, not even an added account or auto loan [of which I have]. Weird?

Current Status (03/07/17) || EX 660 || TU 651 || EQ 651
TOTAL of $50k in credit...VS, Citibank, PNCx2, Paypal Extra, Target, QS, Old Navy, Chasex4, AMEX Gold, Walmart MC, AMEX Blue
Auto $24k-->16.5k, PNC w/ 5.89% APR

Frequent Contributor

Signed up for 2 credit cards over the last couple weeks. According to MyFICO, the hard pulls & new account reported dropped all 3 reports between 5-20 points (from 805, 806, 807 to current scores in signature). According to Credit Karma, the same inquiries & new account raised my scores by 4 points to roghly 810 each. I just got the first card today, a Capital One Quicksilver. And the credit score they gave (with A-F grades for each category) was 724, way lower than either the FICO 8 scores or the ones from Credit Karma.  How confusing!

TransUnion FICO
Don't know what something means? Check out the Updated Abbreviations List!  
FICO Scores: TransUnion 790, Experian 805
New Visitor

My CK scores are 699TU and 706EQ. Pulled my EX score directly from them and it's only 622. Pulled my TU score (vantage score ugh) and it's 699. EX says it's fico 8 score. I've been on the track of rebuilding from a 545 and multiple delinquincies.
Frequent Contributor

Not sure what score it is but Creditone tells me on their website I have a 514...

Myfico says 618..as does CS and CK

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member

I signed up for CreditKarma before MyFico.  CK currently shows my Vantage at TU689 and EQ688.  FICOs are TU587 and EQ609.  I wish VS really mattered.

1/12/16 EQ535 TU493 EX583
Current EQ667 TU646 EX652
Chase Sapphire Preferred- $12,000; Chase Freedom Unlimited - $5,000; Chase Slate - $5,000; AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $1,000; Citi Double Cash - $2,500; CapOne Quicksilver - $3,200; J. Crew - $7,000

I'm out of the new credit market after getting approvals for Sapphire Preferred and Slate on February 10, 2017. Time to let things grow.
Established Member

I pulled my FICO scores from MyFico.com and Vantage from CreditKarma.  

EQ  609 FICO - 710 VS

TU  602 FICO - 692 VS

So, yeah, I'm looking pretty good on VS, not that it really matters.  I'm glad I went to MF instead of relying on CK or I'd think my scores are about 100 points higher than they actually are.

1/12/16 EQ535 TU493 EX583
Current EQ667 TU646 EX652
Chase Sapphire Preferred- $12,000; Chase Freedom Unlimited - $5,000; Chase Slate - $5,000; AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $1,000; Citi Double Cash - $2,500; CapOne Quicksilver - $3,200; J. Crew - $7,000

I'm out of the new credit market after getting approvals for Sapphire Preferred and Slate on February 10, 2017. Time to let things grow.
Senior Contributor

I took out a car loan last week, waiting for it to hit my reports.

The FICO 8 simulator is predicting a 30 to 35 point score drop in my FICO 8 scores.

My Vantage 3.0 simulators on Credit Karma and Capital One are both predicting..... no change at all in my Vantage 3.0 scores.

Will be interesting to see what actually happens. If the simulators are close to accurate, I would love to know the reason for the big difference.

FICO8 EQ 785 TU 804 EX 783 FICO5 EQ 733 Total revolving 463000
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thankfully, when I started my rebuild 3 years ago, somehow I luckily found Myfico and read up on a lot. This allowed me to be aware of the Fako before it could even trick me, thank God!!

Now, anytime I see FAKO, Vantage, or whatever other score, I always shrug it off and pay it no mind lol.

EX 08 Fico: 729 TU 08 Fico: 735EQ 08 Fico: 740Total Credit Line: $128,600Utilization: 6%Inquiries:EX-6TU-7EQ-5

Frequent Contributor

I was gauging my credit with Credit Karma and I was OK with that until I was denied a few times and the lenders put my fico score on the 7-10 letter. Well for Amex and Cap1 the had me about 30 points lower than CK. I will run my info with myfico before applying in the future. I did not realize lenders still used older Fico models in decisions.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.