Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Member

Re: FICO vs. FAKO – Share your FAKO stories

Hello!

I have tried many, Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Credit Cards, Identity Guard. The only site that comes close to this is identity guard. Scores are within 5 to 10 of scores on here. Credit Karma scores were 80 points off!!!

I received 680+ here fico 8. I recently started my credit 1.2 years ago with a 550 score after recovering from a bad accident which left me on disability for 2 years. I started with a $300 dollar secured card from First Progress, and Capital one.

1.2 Years later I have an Amex white 2000CL, Capital One QuickSilver 5300CL, Chase Freedom 4000CL, NFL BarClay 1500CL, Capital One Secured (oldest Account) 800CL, Sync Amazon Prime Card 3000CL, Citi Best Buy Visa 2500CL, Sync Chevron 500CL, Sync 76gas 500CL, Citi Double Rewards 5000CL, Discover It Card 1000CL, Sync Walmart Credit Card 4000CL 21% utilization. I need to pay it down! Education is the key to increasing your score quick and easy and putting the power back in your hands! I can not wait to see where I am in another year.

7/29/16 678 668 679 -- PenFed Promise 9000CL - Penfed Signature Visa 5000CL - Amex white 2000CL - Capital One QuickSilver 5300CL - Chase Freedom 4000CL - Home Depot 3000CL - Chase Freedom Unlimited 3500CL - NFL BarClay 1200CL - Capital One Secured (oldest Account) 600CL - Sync Amazon Prime Card 5000CL - Citi Best Buy Visa 2500CL - Sync Chevron 500CL - Sync 76gas 500CL - Exxon Mobile 500CL - Shell 500CL - Citi Double Rewards 5000CL - Discover It Card 1000CL - Sync Walmart Credit Card 4000CL - Care Credit 1500CL -- 21% utilization.
Regular Contributor

My last negative aged off TU last week, and now the FICO8 vs Vantage disparity has reached a new level of absurdity, with FICO at 761 and Vantage  at 654- a 107 point difference.

One of my CU's sent me an online survey the other day, and the only change I suggested for them was to get rid of the free Vantage score they started including, as it does nothing but obfuscate the true credit situation. 

Contributor

I've been using CK to learn more about credit scoring, and relying on that score (I know) I applied for a credit card and got denied, twice. OUCH.

9/19/16: EQ: 709 TU: 756 EX: 723
1/03/16: EQ: 604 TU: 608 EX: 615
Frequent Contributor

CK just dropped 142 points...oh the humanity

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member

I'm laughing because after months of my Vantage scores being close to 100 points higher than FICO scores, my EQ Vantage dropped 24 points about 48 hours before my FICO EQ score increased by 24 points. I'm sure that makes sense in some parallel universe. I'm just happy to have my FICOs getting close to where the useless VS numbers have been. 

1/12/16 EQ535 TU493 EX583
Current EQ667 TU646 EX652
Chase Sapphire Preferred- $12,000; Chase Freedom Unlimited - $5,000; Chase Slate - $5,000; AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $1,000; Citi Double Cash - $2,500; CapOne Quicksilver - $3,200; J. Crew - $7,000

I'm out of the new credit market after getting approvals for Sapphire Preferred and Slate on February 10, 2017. Time to let things grow.
Frequent Contributor

So. All of this being said. What will give us our best idea of credit scores? The free score offered by our credit card companies? Or going directly to the ex/Eq/tu site? I did the Equifax 3 in 1 for my wife and her ex score was 20 points off from the actual experian website score.
Senior Contributor

For all the abuse heaped on the Vantage 3.0 scores here, because they're not FICO scores, I'm noticing that my Vantage 3.0 scores and my FICO 8 scores are pretty damn close:

EQ           TU             EX

Vantage      704         754            706

FICO8         703         774            707

FICO8 EQ 782 TU 804 EX 783 FICO5 EQ 733 Total revolving 463000
Senior Contributor

As of today:

Vantage 3.0

TU - 800

EQ - 795

EX - 793

Fico 8

TU - 779

EQ - 754

EX - 780

Gardening until tomorrow.
New Visitor

"I contacted Lexington Law a few days ago to see if they could help me with my credit. They told me my credit score was 567. I just found out yesterday that my actual TU score is 628! They probably give people low FAKOs to get them to feel like they really need help; turns out I'm doing something right all on my own!"

Lexington Law is a total SCAM! Check out MyCreditSecret.org   You take fixing your own credit LEGALLY, into your own hands and at a pace that you set. The only way you can't win is if you don't sart the program.

Established Member

My Fico vs Fako scores are very similar between this site and credit.com, credit karma, and credit wise throught capital one.  Unfortunately, I applied for an auto loan this past weekend and they score that they pulled was over 30 points lower with Equifax compared to myfico.com.  Is this pretty normal? 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.