Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO vs. FAKO

tag
life_is_good
New Visitor

FICO vs. FAKO

I have been checking my scores thru MYFICO and recently applied for home loan. I was surprised to see that the scores I have ben getting here were way off from what was pulled. The scores that she pulled were better by 50 points for TU, so what gives? Why the difference?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO vs. FAKO

Ask your lender: 1) what is the score name they pulled and 2) if FICO (likely is) then ask which version of TU score was pulled. The version on this site and a small majority of lenders use TU'98. The version may also be on your loan docs.
Message 2 of 3
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO vs. FAKO

@life_is_good wrote:
I have been checking my scores thru MYFICO and recently applied for home loan. I was surprised to see that the scores I have ben getting here were way off from what was pulled. The scores that she pulled were better by 50 points for TU, so what gives? Why the difference?

I hate the fact that no one consistently uses the same and the information is always subject to being unreliable based on those differences. When do you think they might get their acts together and standardize across the board?

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.