Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO vs "the others"

tag
akindofmagic
New Contributor

FICO vs "the others"

My most recent FICO scores as of 2/5/08 are 729 tu, 776 exp & 798 eq.  Yesterday I pulled my free annual report off annualcreditreport.com and was surprised to see a credit score (which I paid a fee for) with tu was 789.  At first I was elated until I saw that the credit score range they were using went up to over 900 and my 789 score was give a grade of "C".

Why is there such a range difference? and should I disregard the scores on annualcreditreport.com?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: FICO vs "the others"

Nearly all lenders use FICO scores - we call the other scores FAKOs.  Fakos can be higher of lower, but generally they are pretty useless.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think Annual uses FICO.

Only use Equifax to get your real FICO from Equifax. Or MYFICO to get all 3 real FICO scores.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

akin, one of the great mystery's of the universe is why they even HAVE FAKO scores to begin with. It serves no useful purpose other than pleasing eye candy for your credit file.

90% of the nations lenders use FICO scoring in their credit making decisions. They only use FICO or some enhanced version of FICO.

"and should I disregard the scores on annualcreditreport.com?"

The answer is YES.
Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know what part of the country you are in, but up here in WI, it's about -4 degrees today. You can use the scores for kindling to build a nice warm fire.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.