Re: FICO04 score higher than FICO08

My Equifax FICO 04 score is 40 points higher than my Equifax 08 FICO score

Message 11 of 16
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

My Equifax FICO 04 score is 40 points higher than my Equifax 08 FICO score

Do you have any AU card? How old is your oldest TL in your report?

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 12 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

I am an AU on a discover card that my mom opened up and put me on in 2000, when I 15. 

I am also an AU on an old navy card that was opened in 2000 and is closed buy still reports. 

My AAOA is 5 years, credit history 13 years. 

Message 13 of 16
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I am an AU on a discover card that my mom opened up and put me on in 2000, when I 15. 

I am also an AU on an old navy card that was opened in 2000 and is closed buy still reports. 

My AAOA is 5 years, credit history 13 years. 

Hmm looks like FICO08 is not factoring your AU tradelines, i am not 100% sure though. 

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 14 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@HiLine wrote:

My understanding is that FICO 08 is more tolerant for short credit history, low AAoA, and high utilization. Consumers with these behaviors likely have a higher FICO 08 than FICO 04. Others, I suspect, will have higher 04 than 08.

Agree except with the high utilization bit: FICO 8 appears to weight recent information including utilization more severely than 04 did.  This also applies to derogatories, the bucketing is way more lenient at least in my case and appears to be for other people as well.

Where FICO 8 absolutely sucks compared to FICO 04: you really need to have a mix of open accounts, namely a few revolving and a few installment.  FICO 04 was seemingly "fine" for people (within reason, leaving points on the table) without credit cards but with a mortgage / auto / other installment history, but FICO 8 hits those folks hard.  Seems to be similar with installment tradelines as well in the reverse for the only credit card people.

        
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

08 counted my AU accounts since they are my husbands and scored me pretty decent even with a derogatory  and somewhat high utilization- 48 percent 

Wondering how I would do on 04 - hard to tell

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.