Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO9???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO9???

Me and DH, we were thinking about switching back to our old internet company, we decided against but theyhad to run my creditand used a FICO9 version, this was 1/27/2015. We applied for a car loan because we need a new car. We wanted to get the process started, a bit ahead of time. Both scores are TU. One the internet company ran was the FICO9 and it was a 487, this is low for me. The one the dealership ran a FICO as well, just FICO from what I can tell, and it was 548. Literally days apart,complete different scores. Why is this

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO9???

@Anonymous wrote:

Me and DH, we were thinking about switching back to our old internet company, we decided against but theyhad to run my creditand used a FICO9 version, this was 1/27/2015. We applied for a car loan because we need a new car. We wanted to get the process started, a bit ahead of time. Both scores are TU. One the internet company ran was the FICO9 and it was a 487, this is low for me. The one the dealership ran a FICO as well, just FICO from what I can tell, and it was 548. Literally days apart,complete different scores. Why is this

There are different models of Fico in each Fico year (04, 08. 09) there are 49 different scores that can be generated a few are the basic, auto enhanced, bankcard enhanced, etc, the subsets are used to screen the applicants to match what type of creditor you are apping to. Then you have creditors that are using different year models, the mortgage industry still uses Fico 04, a lot of CC companies have switched to Fico 08. This is the first post I have come across on this board indicating some creditor is using the Fico 09 model. Hope this helps you out Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

hrmmmm, i thought 09 rolled out in the fall of 14' and was going through 'validation' for years to come. I suppose if a new lender pops up on the map and did'nt have to re-tool his entire risk department then they could start off with Fico09 straight away without taking the financial hit it would take to change over.

Message 3 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@elim wrote:

hrmmmm, i thought 09 rolled out in the fall of 14' and was going through 'validation' for years to come. I suppose if a new lender pops up on the map and did'nt have to re-tool his entire risk department then they could start off with Fico09 straight away without taking the financial hit it would take to change over.

I don't think FICO 9 is on sale by the CRA's yet; could be mistaken, haven't gone looking in a few months.  As you state there will be a non-trivial adoption period; lenders are nothing but conservative when it comes to their underwriting.

@Anonymous - how are you sure it was FICO 9 in these circumstances?  There's a slew of different scores as gdale suggests, and it's rare that lenders disclose the precise version they're using... usually we wind up having to figure it out through comparisons to known scores.

        
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The paper I received back specifically says, my score, then the source which says TransUnion/FICO 9. Why such a big chnage in my score? 

Message 5 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The paper I received back specifically says, my score, then the source which says TransUnion/FICO 9. Why such a big chnage in my score? 

Virtually all dealeships use a Auto enhanced industry option: double-check the score ranges.

Who was the lender who stated they were using FICO 9?  Hadn't realized anyone had adopted it yet, thanks for the information on that.

        
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I haven't responded yet. But, it was NewWave Communications that ran a FICO 9. How will the FICO 9 effect Home Loans, since my FICO 9 score is considerably lower than my FICO score.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, I haven't responded yet. But, it was NewWave Communications that ran a FICO 9. How will the FICO 9 effect Home Loans, since my FICO 9 score is considerably lower than my FICO score.

The FICO 04 is typically used for mortages from my understanding so I don't think it should have any affect

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.