cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI. All cards reported at 0. Lost 11 points.

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: FYI. All cards reported at 0. Lost 11 points.

@Anonymous wrote:
Your aggregate utilization then is in the single digits which maximizes scoring and your one card that's in the 20's as CGID explained will not adversely impact your score. When your Amex does report though with 50% utilization you will see a score drop because aggregate utilization will climb from single digits to double digits, even though percentage point wise it isn't a huge gain it will cross the threshold from best to second best. Also a few points could be lost from the new tradeline itself being at 50% util.

I plan to pay it down or off depending on my spending on my other cards before it is expected to post to my credit reports.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful reply by BBS.

If your goal is just to optimize your score (in preparation for an important credit pull, say) then the easiest thing to do is to use that hyper simple rule I gave you.  AZEO plus remaining card showing a small balance.  That works for everyone.

Message 12 of 14
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Helpful reply by BBS.

If your goal is just to optimize your score (in preparation for an important credit pull, say) then the easiest thing to do is to use that hyper simple rule I gave you.  AZEO plus remaining card showing a small balance.  That works for everyone.

So would the plan I outlined suffice?  

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, it should work.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.