Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facilitating drop-off of expiring item.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Facilitating drop-off of expiring item.

I have a paid tax lien due to fall off on 04/01/08. Is there a way for me to facilitate this, e.g. sending a dispute on the item to the CRAs on 3/28/08 so that when they get it they review and see it is expired? I don't want to give it extra time to fall off, I am aiming for some credit in March.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Facilitating drop-off of expiring item.

I would just let it drop off- 

Be ready for your bucket change too!!!!!!!!

nyccc2 wrote:
I have a paid tax lien due to fall off on 04/01/08. Is there a way for me to facilitate this, e.g. sending a dispute on the item to the CRAs on 3/28/08 so that when they get it they review and see it is expired? I don't want to give it extra time to fall off, I am aiming for some credit in March.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would just let it drop off-

Be ready for your bucket change too!!!!!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh great. Talk about new buckes;

I'll also be having my Amex AU added about then, that will be increasing my active CC accounts from 2 to 3, length of credit from 11 to 38 and average from 4.5 to 17. Add No PR to that and it should get interesting fast. Oh wait! I also got approved for two new cards last month.

I'll post here as each hits, it should be berrry berrry interesting.

I still have the two unpaid collections, which drop off in september and january respeictively but which I hope to get off myself before then (inaccurate reporting) so once those go I become old-credit, no pr, no baddies. I guess I'll have to be pretty f-ing perfect then to justify the high scores but IF I can...
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This should be fun to watch-

Poor scorewatch is goona have to come up with some new alerts-
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This should be fun to watch-

Poor scorewatch is goona have to come up with some new alerts-

Yeah. 'Tilt'.

Really hoping when the dust settles I'll be at 700. Currently on TU I am at about 670, Efx 660. Also might be getting my 6 1/2 yo Cap1 CO with $1200 outstanding off soon as well.

In an Off-topic: Is it just me or is the log-in/reply process seriously messed up on MYFico. Whatever 'MyFico.Lithium' is sucks. If I click a link in an email, whether I am logged in or not in another window, I am forced to log in anyway. Once I do and I click the Go to FicoForums button provided, the link never works, and I am forced to reload the home page, and navigate my way back to the thread. Way frustrating. Same whether IE or Firefox.

Message Edited by nyccc2 on 02-27-2008 02:07 PM
Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

While the addition now of AMEX as an AU account may help briefly, all I have been reading in the forums is that when FICO08 comes out, supposedly this spring, accounts as an AU will no longer be scored.  Easy come, easy go!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico '08 is a myth. It will never happen. At worst, Creditors will develop or purchase 3rd party software to downgrade AUs, but will not happen via Fico itself.
Message 7 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

FWIW, the VP for marketing has been widely quoted as saying that it will be implemented this May. Here's one of many quotes:
"Mr. Watts said that the credit reporting agencies should begin transitioning to FICO 08 in May of this year.

http://www.brokeruniverse.com/subprime/stories/20080213simpson1.html
I do think it's interesting, though, that I can't find an article citing the original quote, and when it occurred, or a press release from Fair Isaac citing this.

My guess is that it will be made available in May, but like every other upgrade of the FICO scoring formulas, it will take years for it to be universally used. And by then, there will be FICO 13 or whatever knocking at the door.

The interesting question will be if we can even find out what our FICO 08 scores will be. myFICO tries to display the scores that are typically used in the lending industry, and if it takes a long time for FICO 08 to be accepted, we might not even know what our new scores will be! Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
FWIW, the VP for marketing has been widely quoted as saying that it will be implemented this May. Here's one of many quotes:
"Mr. Watts said that the credit reporting agencies should begin transitioning to FICO 08 in May of this year.

http://www.brokeruniverse.com/subprime/stories/20080213simpson1.html
I do think it's interesting, though, that I can't find an article citing the original quote, and when it occurred, or a press release from Fair Isaac citing this.

My guess is that it will be made available in May, but like every other upgrade of the FICO scoring formulas, it will take years for it to be universally used. And by then, there will be FICO 13 or whatever knocking at the door.

The interesting question will be if we can even find out what our FICO 08 scores will be. myFICO tries to display the scores that are typically used in the lending industry, and if it takes a long time for FICO 08 to be accepted, we might not even know what our new scores will be! Smiley Tongue

I don;t think they will open themselves up to the class action myself. If they do implement, I think we should organize one right here. With all the freaking games they play with our scores to get our rates up, with the stupid 30 day window we have to request documentation of debts, with the billions we spend on extra interest as our rates are gamed, I'd say any tool we have to play the game back is totally legitamate, and that includes AU accounts.

Seriously, if they do this I will not only look into class action against that, but against the whole stupid 30 day timely crap that clearly violates the basic tenets of US Law (the right to see evidence against you). Tired of this. I've had two accounts 'verfied' twice, all they did was say 'yes the data we reported is the data in our files', meanwhile they have things like 'account open' for a 6 year old closed account, they have me listed as 90 days late on a closed account I PIF last September, they have me as DOLA two year later then it was, etc. They don't care; they just say 'validated' and say they don't have to provide documentation because i should have asked 6 years ago.

Screw that. I say turn up the heat and let's get class actions against all of this. We have the internet behind us AND we have an election year. Let Hillary and Obama help 'the common man', and fight this ridiculous industry that is for all intents and purposes unregulated.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.