Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facts and Fallacies?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Facts and Fallacies?

It says that lenders consider more your FICO score.

What planet is that? Apply for anything on line and tell me they're like Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life." Good character and a firm handshake??? Ain't going to happen!

I love this site, but that statement seems disingenuous at best. Kind of like the very vague way they (don't) give you just one reason when your score changes - It could be any one of the following....
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Facts and Fallacies?

i have seen a lot of people on here ask for manual reviews of their credit apps after denial....it seems that a lot of those people also get approved after the manual review.  i would have to disagree with you.
Message 2 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Namtac wrote:

What planet is that? Apply for anything on line and tell me they're like Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life." Good character and a firm handshake??? Ain't going to happen!

I love this site, but that statement seems disingenuous at best. Kind of like the very vague way they (don't) give you just one reason when your score changes - It could be any one of the following....

What are you trying to say?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused111 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What am I trying to say?

That FICO speaks in a lot of broad generalities. I suppose it's to protect their proprietary scoring methodology. The number is basically the only thing that counts any more.

If my score rises or falls, how about a specific reason?
Message 4 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused111 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What am I trying to say?

That FICO speaks in a lot of broad generalities. I suppose it's to protect their proprietary scoring methodology. The number is basically the only thing that counts any more.

If my score rises or falls, how about a specific reason?

Yes FICO does but not the contributors who post here. Do you have specific questions? I would be happy to answer them if can. Otherwise there are many others here who can. 
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Namtac wrote:
I love this site, but that statement seems disingenuous at best.

Lenders do consider more than your FICO score, and that's a fact.

Income, DTI, length of employment, years in your field, to name a few. If it's a bank, some will give you more consideration because you bank there and have a good history with them. I have two VISAs that I doubt I woulda gotten were it not for that I bank with one and have insurance with the other. Some lenders, AMEX and Cap 1 notably, blacklist and won't issue to you even IF you qualify.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.