Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fako VS FICO which one do lenders use most

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fako VS FICO which one do lenders use most

I have always wondered when you purchase your credit scores from T/U, EQI, EXP, how often or ever do creditors from CC Banks Mortgages Auto Lenders use the FAKO Scores. Previously I noticed from all of the CRA except EQI there scores were much higher than my actual FICO scores. If the majority of lenders do not use those scores then what is really the need to purchase them.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Fako VS FICO which one do lenders use most

@Anonymous wrote:
I have always wondered when you purchase your credit scores from T/U, EQI, EXP, how often or ever do creditors from CC Banks Mortgages Auto Lenders use the FAKO Scores. Previously I noticed from all of the CRA except EQI there scores were much higher than my actual FICO scores. If the majority of lenders do not use those scores then what is really the need to purchase them.

As far as I know, no one uses FAKO's. Some lenders are taking a look at the Vantage score, but they also pull FICO's, probably to compare. And oh yes, Prospect.com uses a tweaked version of the EX PLUS score (still not the one that you buy.)

There is no need to purchase FAKO's, other than to make the sellers happy. Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Credit, I don't know of any lender that uses the FAKOs. Over 90% of lenders will use the FICO score in one form or another.

The reason why they are sold, is b/c capitalism is alive and well. There is a market for "credit scores." Think about all of the commercials that are out there about credit scores these days. "I'm thinking of a number...", "I was shopping for a car and what'll it be...a cool convertible or SUV?" People are more credit conscious than ever before, so the market for them is high. What they are bargaining on is that the majority of the public is uninformed as to credit scores vs. FICO scores...and they are right.

CMS's are great to monitor your credit, but ignore the FAKO scores always and the advice that they give usually.

Read credit scoring 101 (at least the first post).

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome  Information I had read that was the case you live and learn wasted time and money from, now on I will stick to FICO only. Thanks again.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey dude still "laughing" over that one If you fall for that you still might not know "IF YOUR CREDIT IS WHACK".
Message 5 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

"...so instead of looking fly and rolling phat, my legs are sticking to the vinyl and my posse's getting laughed at. F-R-E-E that spells free..."

That is really good stuff. LOL

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

"...credit report dot com, baby"

Just had to finish it. LOL

Message 7 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Ahh, teamwork. It's a beautiful thing.

Message 8 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Still miss the one with the angry wife, and the band practicing in her parents' basement, where they have to live because of her bad credit. Mean, but funny.

Anyway, credit08, the reports are great (I'm a TrueCredit fan). It's just the scores and advice that are bogus. If you tune them out, you'll be fine.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.