Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling a little disappointed today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feeling a little disappointed today

Smiley Sad I know that life is all about obstacles but I my check engine light came on Saturday as the hubbie and me were on our way to a concert/picnic. Took to BMW on Monday and my bill is $1400 I don't have the cash so I had to charge. Well I just paid that particular card down about $1500 so it feels very much in vain....I was really starting to use cash as much as possible...small setback I guess....can't seem to get ahead
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Feeling a little disappointed today

Sell the BMW and buy a Toyota?  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Considering it as we speak.....I guess I was just so excited when I was able to get my dream car. Not new but still was my dream car, ahet to lose it. I had Toyota's for years, Camry, 4-runner and finally got my dream car..
Message 3 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

A 1996 Toyota Corolla is not very sexy, but does wonders for my finances.  And I should be able to get a newer used one after the derogatory drops off my CR in March  Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:
A 1996 Toyota Corolla is not very sexy, but does wonders for my finances.  And I should be able to get a newer used one after the derogatory drops off my CR in March  Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Happy Exactly.
Message 5 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

But I have the advantage of being as old as dirt, and hence can remember the time when families could exist without Mini Vans or SUVs  Smiley Happy.

I did have a Land Rover once, but it was free and in Africa, and spent less than 25% of its road time on actual paved roads, and most of those were full of pot holes  Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a great rate through the credit union and my husband works for another dealer so typically I don't pay nearly as much, this time I just took it to the dealer because I wanted to get a thorough diagnostic and warrantied work completed. I am not sure about trading it for a Toyota though I guess because I just love my car. I would have to think that one out. Toyota's need repair work too, didn't cost me as much, but then the one time I took it to a dealer the price was rather high too. I think this is a dealer issue.

I am just discouraged about setbacks. You pay down a credit card and something comes up. I have to be able to pay them off in order to get a nice savings for emergencies.
Message 7 of 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear that Diamond. I'm sure the good will outweigh the bad for you very soon. Hang in.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain.  Getting 3% rebates from Discover on my auto repairs every month is cold comfort. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that's good. I wonder if my Capitol One has that.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.