Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico 08 in the 760

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Fico 08 in the 760

I give ! I have rebuilt tobthe best cab and have just one 90 day late personal loan Payment due to fall off in February, but my mortgage scores are stagnant in the 664 mid and fico 08 are good in the 740-780 range. Doesn't matter tho , because the only scores that matter aren't moving ! Feels like a scam to me !
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Fico 08 in the 760

Unfortunately the mortgage scores weigh installment loans so much that the 90 day late on the installment loan you have reporting is really dragging it down. Have you tried to send out a GW letter to the creditor to have it removed?

Message 2 of 10
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Yes! I have GW for the past three years. So hopefully in Feb when that drops I will see a ✊ I am waiting in it to fall off before I app
Message 3 of 10
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Yes! I have GW for the past three years. So hopefully in Feb when that drops I will see a ✊ I am waiting in it to fall off before I app

Im not saying it will work but some members of the forum have reported calling the CRAs and simply asking them to remove the TLs early. The furthest out I have read is 6 months. May be worth a shot. Worst case scenario, you wait until February (although the timeline is actually 7 years and 180 days). 

Edit: I believe individual lates are 7 years. Things like CO can go to 7.5 years. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you've only got a few months left anyway until it falls off.  You've dealt with it this long, another few months is nothing.  I imagine that your scores will increase quite substantially by spring!

Message 5 of 10
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

That's my thought process and I know I am being a tad impatient! It had been years of rebuild so what's a few more months. I do worry about the rates , but I can't control that!! Thanks y'all!
Message 6 of 10
iced
Valued Contributor

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
I give ! I have rebuilt tobthe best cab and have just one 90 day late personal loan Payment due to fall off in February, but my mortgage scores are stagnant in the 664 mid and fico 08 are good in the 740-780 range. Doesn't matter tho , because the only scores that matter aren't moving ! Feels like a scam to me !

Don't feel like the lone ranger. I have a "serious delinquincy" on my report from 2012 and as a result I'm flattened in the 750-760 FICO8 range. Once in a blue moon it shoots up for a month into the 760s but then falls right back into the 750s. I find it impossible to believe that something from 5 years ago is still counting for almost 100 points, but that seems to be the consensus I'm given every time I inquire about it. I guess I'll know for sure in 2019 if I wake up one day to an 850 score.

My FICO5 score is even lower - it's in the 730s. FICO scores can be brutal. I have debated several times that when we buy our next place to put it in my wife's name only since she has higher scores.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 baddies on my reports, a 90 day late and a 120 day late.  My FICO 08's average in the 750's.  The 90 day late is 2 years old and the 120 is 4 years old.  With the 90 day late removed, my scores go up into the 780's.  So basically 780's with only one baddie, a 120 day late that's 4 years old.  I guess my point is that your 750-760 scores CAN still go higher, even with the presence of a serious delinquency.  The reason I know this is that the 90 day late was removed for about a week and a half and then came back; fortunately I pulled my scores during the time it was gone.  As an aside I'm working to get it removed once again, which I'm fairly confident will happen in December.

Message 8 of 10
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Maybe it's the AAoA-- only 2.7 years. I know time is my friend. Maybe it doesn't even matter as I plan on FHA and that is not score dependent.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That could be part of it, no doubt.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.